Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple analog gauges

Post Thanks / Like

Default Triple analog gauges

It seems that a certain company no longer handles the triple analog gauges. These were the ones that installed where the Atari gauges were in the dash. Does anyone know where one could still find these gauges. If not, then only alternatives woulde be the new Atari or the triple gauge pack the mounts on top of the dash. I have looked at Crazy Paul's site but alas no luck. Anyone have any ideas. BTW were those triple gauges a Holden factory part?
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only Holden or HSV factory triple gauges I know about are:

2009+ Holden VE Sports models.

HSV VE

Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP is talking about the JHP gauges that were going for about $700.

I too wish there was another option as I'm not a fan of the Atari gauges.
    2009 G8 GT Maverick Silver Metallic, Premium and Sport Packages, Holden Radiator Cover, GXP Front Fascia and Rear Diffuser, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Mufflers
    V6 Tail Lights, Pedders XA Coilovers, Sub Frame Connectors and Radius Rod Bushings, DBA T-3 Rotors and Hawk Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Did ya call JHP to see if they have any left?
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

JHP no longer handles these guages. They were almost a perfect match for the others. The pod gauges are the next best for my tastes. Questions are technical. 1.) Are they plug n play? 2. Do they dim using the same control as the speedometer and tach? 3. Do you have to install a new oil sending unit? 4.) Color choices of both dial and illumunation and 5. What happens to the center speaker?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

2009 msm gt. stock. my "atari" gauges don't work. guess i need to return to dealer. best car i've ever owned

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus60 View Post
    2009 msm gt. stock. my "atari" gauges don't work. guess i need to return to dealer. best car i've ever owned
    2009's have no atari gauges, just an empty hole.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus60 View Post
    Im thinking he was being facetious...I hope
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    JHP no longer handles these guages. They were almost a perfect match for the others. The pod gauges are the next best for my tastes. Questions are technical. 1.) Are they plug n play? 2. Do they dim using the same control as the speedometer and tach? 3. Do you have to install a new oil sending unit? 4.) Color choices of both dial and illumunation and 5. What happens to the center speaker?
    Thanks.
    I have the triple pod gauges I believe you are referring to. If you use the gauges that came with the kit ( white face gauges ), it is almost a plug and play. Yes the illumination does dim with the tach/speedo, yes you must install a new sending unit for the oil pressure gauge, no choice of color for illumination or face of gauges, the center speaker is not effected and remains functional. I replaced the gauges with Autometer Sportcomp gauges because they matched the speedo/tach faces almost exactly and had the same color needles. Had to wire the gauges indivually though and still had to install a new oil pressure sending unit. These triple gauge/binnacle kits are getting very hard to come by now. I believe there are archived pic's of this installation on this forum site.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doc for the info will PM you later on where you got the gauges and the sending unit. Need for Crazy Paul to chime in on what is still available. Can you post any pics of your unit? I thought at one time the triple pod gauges could be ordered in either white or black face dials. Yes I would like them to match up with the other gauges. Major concern is on the install. I have the same dealer who installed the Pedders will install the gauges. Thanks again.