Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: What to expect adding 1:1 cog with this set up?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What to expect adding 1:1 cog with this set up?

Hey all,

So I have a 2300 maggie with an '8lb' pulley (when Livernois installed it years ago). Last year I had a good friend's shop (MJD Performance) put in a cam, ported blower base and other goodies. Had some plug/fuel injector issues recently so he pulled the blower to change them out and while it's off I'm having a 1:1 cog set thrown on.

I have a couple questions: 1) I've read that the 2300 is underdriven in the rear so a 1:1 will give more boost. I was at 8.5sh lbs boost and then with the ported base I went down to 7sh because of the better flow. Hard to guesstimate but what do you think I'll be at for boost? At 620whp so I don't want a crazy number with the stock trans. 2) I've seen mention of filing the fuel rail to account for the slightly larger cogs than stock. Anyone have experience with doing it?

Thanks!
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

So heres what I know. I bought Over drive cog setup when it was stated would give me about 3.5 psi boost when replacing the 1 to 1 drive.
    But as you stated 2300 is under driven in the rear.So basically size wise when I installed new over drive set it was the same as switching your pulleys
    around so 3.5 pulley is driving 3" which boosted me about an extra 6 psi so as I see it you should get 3.5 PSI xtra with 1 to 1
    I had to up the front jack pulley size. hope this helps
    09 BLK G8 GT
    2300 Maggie with rear OD cog belt/ 56# injectors / Kennie BAP/ Under drive pulley / TPIS Tune / with E85 has 492 hp to wheels /Moroso deep trans. Pan Camaro Diff. 3.45 : 1
    / 160 Deg. therm. / 1 3/4 Headers with Solo Mach short back /BMR arms rear and diff and cradle bushings
    BC coil overs / corvette wheels

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Geno... I'm hoping to hear back that she's ready early next week. While more power is good she's already a bit high (620whp) for a stock trans. She's my daily driver though so I guess as long as I'm not hammering it with DR's on a fully prepped track she should last a while.
    -Bob

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

No problem bud say I saw an old post from you about boost a pump and what type of fuel set up to go with way back wondering if you stuck with the boost a pump or if you went different route.next week I have my tuner go to work with added exhaust and 10 psi boost gonna start with 5 gallons of E85 and see if he can do it with my set up with just a k bell
    Boost a pump and stock fuel pump with 60# injectors
    If not looks like I'm back to 93 octane regular fuel till I can do something with my volume of fuel To engine.
    09 BLK G8 GT
    2300 Maggie with rear OD cog belt/ 56# injectors / Kennie BAP/ Under drive pulley / TPIS Tune / with E85 has 492 hp to wheels /Moroso deep trans. Pan Camaro Diff. 3.45 : 1
    / 160 Deg. therm. / 1 3/4 Headers with Solo Mach short back /BMR arms rear and diff and cradle bushings
    BC coil overs / corvette wheels

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Kept the BAP when I had the cam and stuff put in, but upgraded the fuel pump. Direct read fuel PSI gauge shows a constant 60lbs so it's good.
    -Bob

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: got her back and boost guage showed 12lbs when I had it to the floor passing someone. Considering I was at 620 whp with 7lbs I'm guessing I need to take it easy this week before storing her for the winter. Might need to change the pulley next spring, lot cheaper than rebuilding the transmission and forging the bottom end.
    -Bob

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ