Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contact Dealer Red X

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contact Dealer Red X

So I drove my car around all weekend with no issues. This morning I go out to my car to leave for work, won't start. On the DIC it comes up with a "Red X" and says contact dealer. I call the dealer and they ask if I have a check engine light on, which I don't. All I have is the Red X and my Stability Control keeps turning on and off. The guy at the dealership said he has no idea what this might be and I don't know either. Has anyone ever had issues with this before? Also, like I said I cant even start the vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Right before my battery died my car was doing the exact same thing. Red X (contact dealer) and my stability control wouldn't turn back on. When's the last time you changed your battery (if ever)?
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the second owner of the vehicle and I haven't changed the battery since I purchased it. It has an AC Delco battery in it, not sure if that's what comes stock. Everything electronically operates on the vehicle which is weird so I didn't think it was my battery but I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I was also still able to operate the windows, radio, sunroof. . .etc, but wasn't able to turn the car over. Try to jump start the car, if it starts then you know it's the battery.

The AC Delco is the OEM battery. I would bet it's still the original battery. Mine lasted almost 6 years, but finally died a few months ago. I got a new battery from auotzone for $200 I believe.

DIY Battery replacement: http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63768
    Last edited by terryscott621; 11-16-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot as soon as I get home from work.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to jump the car, took my battery into Auto Zone and they said it was at 12.56V with an 84% charge. However the car doesn't even make a sound when trying to turn it over. It did say to replace my battery after checking it so I'm going to buy one and see if that works. In engineering mode it says my battery voltage is at 10.3v and my battery charge is 0%.

Post Thanks / Like

New battery didn't work either. Doesn't even make a sound when attempting to start the vehicle. Very weird...

Post Thanks / Like

So with the new battery it won't turn over? What about the accessories (radio, Windows, ... Etc)? Do they work?

Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX
    --Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk--
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

yeah everything in the car works fine(radio, A/C, lights, dash, etc..). The car just won't start though, doesn't even make a sound when I turn the key. I have a airbag light on, very low fuel, stability control, and the contact dealer x on. I checked all my fuses and haven't seen any that are blown. I'm not sure if there's a fusible line that blew somewhere. I have an OBDII scanner but it's not throwing any codes.

Post Thanks / Like

So another piece of interesting information about this. I don't have the fuse cover that goes above the battery and while changing my fuel injectors the other day my friend said that while disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery he almost welded a screw driver to the area of the f-11 fuse (RVC SNSR). He didn't blow the fuse that was in there but one of the pins on it is almost melted all the way through. I changed that yesterday and didn't help. I'm not sure where this fuse heads, might help in finding the problem.