Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Details for finding hoses sizes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Details for finding hoses sizes?

I'm trying to find somewhere that will tell me all the different sizes of hoses we have on the V-8. Outside diameter in fact. Do I need to call the stealership to find out this information or is there somewhere better online?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vegas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I'm trying to find somewhere that will tell me all the different sizes of hoses we have on the V-8. Outside diameter in fact. Do I need to call the stealership to find out this information or is there somewhere better online?
    I think the hoses usually measure by I. D. What hoses exactly are you looking for?

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What's stopping you from measuring your own hoses?
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

4. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by G8eraid View Post
    I think the hoses usually measure by I. D. What hoses exactly are you looking for?
    I already know the size I need for the heater hoses but was wondering the size for the radiator and another smaller one that connects next to the "steam pipe".

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Paul View Post
    What's stopping you from measuring your own hoses?
    Mostly gaining access to the mounting point. Looks like I would have to remove some stuff to get an accurate measurement. The Gates Powergrips are pretty narrow for sizes.
    I can go that route if I need to Paul but I was just looking for a quicker avenue first if there is one.

I have already contacted Magacharger on what size they supply for their inter-cooler hoses. Hope they can save me the time of doing my own measurements.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vegas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.