Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Is a tran cooler needed?

pissing'n wind = wet face stryker g8gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is a tran cooler needed?

i will be installing a Yank ss3200 in a week or two......besides for a tune and some shorty headers with high flow cats.....Iw ill not be doing anything else for a little while.....So the big question is do I need a tranny cooler.
    Thanks

V8 Muscle

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In a DD with summer temps above 90+ I would.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

pissing'n wind = wet face stryker g8gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Charlie

V8 Muscle

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stryker g8gt View Post
    i will be installing a Yank ss3200 in a week or two......besides for a tune and some shorty headers with high flow cats.....Iw ill not be doing anything else for a little while.....So the big question is do I need a tranny cooler.
    Thanks
    Be sure to get a LPD cooler. Much more effective than standard & same price.
    http://www.autoanything.com/coolers/...x?kc=ffproduct

There are lots of different brands out there. Shop around.

Low Pressure Drop (LPD) systems, allowing extra transmission fluid to bypass the cooler when temps are already low.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stryker g8gt View Post
    Thanks

Why the shorties & not Long Tube Headers? Is there emissions testing in South Carolina?

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
    Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
    Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)

Post Thanks / Like

probably wants to retain the cats
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    all the DICs I have seen looked the same.

its a good thing I didnt go into a history of my experiences with all the DICs I have seen. Domestic, import, euro I have seen them all!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes on the cooler.

Ron
    Ron Neisler, Emmett,Id. 1987 T/R 11.69@117
    09 G8 GT, 13.61@103.98 with a 2.18 60ft.