Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone going to HRP tonight (1/7/11)? or should I say Royal purple Raceway.

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone going to HRP tonight (1/7/11)? or should I say Royal purple Raceway.

My brother and I will be heading out tonight. He drives a Black G8 gt and I drive a Red G8 gt. His is stock and I just got me some Kooks Lt's and a patrick g tune. Pretty anxious to see how she does.

Post Thanks / Like

well got back not too long ago. Got a t-shirt and a magazine for free pretty cool. Ran into Old Goat out there. Ran a best of 13.14 at 106. was hoping to get a 12 in but think traction was a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

timeslip?
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds

Post Thanks / Like

What are your mods? 60'?
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

Post Thanks / Like

Mods are vararam, kooks 1 7/8 lt's, high flow cats, corsa exhaust, and tune.

60' 2.110
    1/8 8.603
    mph 85.49
    1/4 13.189
    mph 106.07

will take a pic of it later and post it but thats pretty much what its going to reflect.
    Last edited by who?me?; 01-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Your car runs 12s with a 2.0 60ft...all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my first chance at the track with the new mods. With the same DA (+500) as last night, I was a 13.1 car so right now I'm a 12.3 car. With a great DA (-600) I was a 12.933 car bone stock, so it is yet to be determined how the car would run with a mineshaft DA.

This means with a tune, 3200 stall, drag radials, and complete exhaust system, I picked up right at .8 second in the quarter. I think I should be a bit better, but will give it through the winter to give some negative DA a chance, plus let me learn how to launch this 'new' car, to see what happens. I did get a log of the final run and send it to Patrick to see if he can massage it a bit more.

There is a significant difference launching this car with stock stall and the new Yank 3200 stall, you don't just get these mods and expect to be at the top of your game within 4 runs. It takes a bit of practice.

Yes, my goal is a 11.999, Patrick feels that I should be right at that door with a good and negative DA.

As of right now, I'm about .1 to .15 away from my goal. My goal is with tune, full exhaust, drag radials, and a stall to knock off around 1 second. The .1 to .15 is taking in account of the negative DA I'm hoping to get which would take my 12.32 down to about a 12.15. Patrick doing some more mojo and me getting used to launching the car should get us there.

The only real bummer about this is my gas mileage going DOWN with the new stall, but this was expected.

Last edited by OLD_GOAT; 01-08-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    2013 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT, automatic. None premium. Steeda lower control arms, GT 500 axle backs, BAMA tune, Nitto 275/40/17 NT05R drag radials, Airaid CAI.............12.13 @ 115.33......1.891...... 4/19/13 Royal Purple

Post Thanks / Like

It was good to run into you again at the track. After seeing your car launch it makes me want to finally just get a stall. Ran a best so far that night with a 12.64@111mph on the last run.
    Bryan@PowerFab Automotive
    2009.5 GXP A6 467whp/433tq N/A
    2005 G35 space shuttle

Post Thanks / Like

12.64 without a stall or drag radials is highly respectful. It was also nice seeing you and Jessica again..............anxiously awaiting a G8 or Pontiac only dyno day at the shop. The last one was a blast.
    2013 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT, automatic. None premium. Steeda lower control arms, GT 500 axle backs, BAMA tune, Nitto 275/40/17 NT05R drag radials, Airaid CAI.............12.13 @ 115.33......1.891...... 4/19/13 Royal Purple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT View Post
    I got my first chance at the track with the new mods. With the same DA (+500) as last night, I was a 13.1 car so right now I'm a 12.3 car. With a great DA (-600) I was a 12.933 car bone stock, so it is yet to be determined how the car would run with a mineshaft DA.

This means with a tune, 3200 stall, drag radials, and complete exhaust system, I picked up right at .8 second in the quarter. I think I should be a bit better, but will give it through the winter to give some negative DA a chance, plus let me learn how to launch this 'new' car, to see what happens. I did get a log of the final run and send it to Patrick to see if he can massage it a bit more.

There is a significant difference launching this car with stock stall and the new Yank 3200 stall, you don't just get these mods and expect to be at the top of your game within 4 runs. It takes a bit of practice.

Yes, my goal is a 11.999, Patrick feels that I should be right at that door with a good and negative DA.

As of right now, I'm about .1 to .15 away from my goal. My goal is with tune, full exhaust, drag radials, and a stall to knock off around 1 second. The .1 to .15 is taking in account of the negative DA I'm hoping to get which would take my 12.32 down to about a 12.15. Patrick doing some more mojo and me getting used to launching the car should get us there.

The only real bummer about this is my gas mileage going DOWN with the new stall.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...at_1/12320.jpg
    You are doing pretty good launching the car with the new stall. Your 60 foot is already better than mine. How much HP/Torque did you make on the dyno? Mine seemed low on the dyno but it usually runs 12.0-12.1 all day long with a 1.8 60 foot. I was guessing your car would run right at 12.0-12.1 so you aren't far off, especially for the first time at the track with the new mods!
    Last edited by Steve GT; 01-09-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Pat G Custom EPS Cam, 3200 Yank, Kooks 1 7/8" longtubes, FAST 102 LSXR, and a Rotofab CAI. Tuned by Pat G.