Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Spare tire = fail

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spare tire = fail

When I got my cts-v wheels I kept one of my stock 19" wheels as a spare. I have also upgraded to the front gxp brakes, since getting the wheels. I was checking the air in my spare when I realized that it isalmost worthless to have. If I were to get a flat in the front, the stock gt wheel would not clear the brake caliper, a rear wheel is too wide to fit on the front. So I have been drivingaround with a spare I could only use in the rear.

Do I sell the spare and tire changing kit and keep the stock compressor gadget, or spend the extra $500 or so for another wheel?

Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 10-29-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: picard
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 Gt
    VaraRam, Fasterproms Ported LSXR 102 & Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Trunions, UPR Catch Can, Holden Radiator Cover, BMR Sway Bars, BMR SFC's, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR LCA's, CTS-V Wheels, GXP Brake Kit, Pedders Lowered Springs and Dampeners, GXP Rear Diffuser, Hacked Atari Gauges, Sliding Leather Armrest, Spencers 5000K Lows/fogs, GRRRR8 Heater Hose Relocation, EFILive V2, 35% Window Tint

To install: BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe rods

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sell the spare wheel then buy an inexpensive 19" wheel and tire from Tire Rack or Discount Tire.

Post Thanks / Like

realsquash said the 18" Drag brand wheels fit all around with the 2010 Camaro SS brakes, so the 19s will for sure with yours. If you buy some different rims, I'd be interested in your CTS-Vs.
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds

Post Thanks / Like

The Drag DR-37 in 18x8 +40 or 18x8.5 +40 can be had from Discount Tire for only like $150 and they both clear the GXP/Camaro Brembos no problem. Tirerack also has quite a few cheap 18" wheels that will clear the GXP/Camaro Brembos.

Post Thanks / Like

You sell me the tire change kit.
    MSM/Onyx GXP A6 w/Roof
    Purchased: 5/29/09

Mods:
    CTS Auto-Dim Mirror, Homelink in Visor, Hacked Atari Gauges, Nuvi 660, Hawk Pads, Roto-Fab Intake, and a bunch of other stuff....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!
    I think I will look into an inexpensive replacement, ctsv wheels are staying
    VaraRam, Fasterproms Ported LSXR 102 & Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Trunions, UPR Catch Can, Holden Radiator Cover, BMR Sway Bars, BMR SFC's, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR LCA's, CTS-V Wheels, GXP Brake Kit, Pedders Lowered Springs and Dampeners, GXP Rear Diffuser, Hacked Atari Gauges, Sliding Leather Armrest, Spencers 5000K Lows/fogs, GRRRR8 Heater Hose Relocation, EFILive V2, 35% Window Tint

Post Thanks / Like

Just get a spare and carry on....Any 19 inch spares for a GT cheap, usually they are too wide when I find them cheap....
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a gxp rim for the spare.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.

Post Thanks / Like

That was my original plan, but they are alittle pricey. I told my wife that I had to get the ctsv wheels and would keep onne of my stock ones as a spare. She woul no be pleased if I bought another wheel, let alone an expensive one.