Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corsa & Roto-Fab Issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corsa & Roto-Fab Issue

I had the Roto-Fab and Corsa installed Monday and turned out great.

Have a big problem. About a hour or so after having them installed I ran thru some heavy rain and the car was bogging down big time. My first thought was water getting into the CAI. I pulled over popped the hood and checked the Roto-Fab and all was dry. I continued on and the same thing was going on until I got out of the rain and it went away.

Yesterday driving thru Waco in a heavy down pour and the same damn thing. It went away after I got out of the rain. I have talked to some other owners and they have had the same set up as me and the same issue.

I sent Corsa a email on the problem this morning and will call them Tuesday.

Can anyone throw some advice my way.

Thanks

Curtis
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I would think is that there is water getting into the exhaust... I read somewhere else about this problem and the owner had just installed Corsa. I'm interested to hear what they say.

2009 G8 GT
    6.0L
    Roto-Fab Intake
    OBX 1 7/8 LT Headers
    OBX Stainless Steel Exhaust
    Custom Dyno Tune by Premier Autosports, Memphis TN
    Nitto 555R's on 17" GTO Wheels (Drag Pack)

Post Thanks / Like

I had this occur once also with my Corsa, and perhaps will again today with the rain in S. TX. Sounds like just the right side?
    '09 SRM GT. Pedders/BMR bushings, Whiteline front swaybar, BMR rear sway bar, trailing arms, subframe connectors, Spohn rear LCA, GXP rear shocks, GTS wheel, Vector HSRK, Ls2Portworks throttle body, Vararam, GXP front Brembos, EBC pads, Russell brake lines, XXR wheels, Corsa catback with custom tips, hacked Atari gauges, V6 taillights/door handles, upgraded speakers, black window trim, blacked grilles, custom pin stripes,

Post Thanks / Like

I had water in one of my muffs because it was missing a drain hole. It had built up from condensation. Ended up being about a gallon of water in there! The one with the hole was fine.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the same issue... mine was noise from the passenger side and bogging after i first put it on. The only thing I noticed is that the heat shield was hitting on the exhaust and I had to readjust it. Mine has the smaller seal on the hood so my issue could have been a water in the CAI problem, but I don't think so. It was loud and sounded almost like an exhaust leak on the passenger side. It happened twice when I first had the corsa installed. I checked every connection with no issues or loose bolts. After a couple of times the issue went away and never returned.

I swear mine had to be a water/o2 sensor/heat shield issue. If it was water in the CAI it should have made noise on both sides not just the passenger side.
    Livernois Stage 1 cam, valve job, milled heads, ported intake, kooks mid length 1 7/8 headers, corsa cat back, rotofab CAI, Pedders XA Street Kit, BMR trailing arms.

427 RWHP / 397 RWTQ

Vertini Riviera 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5. Bridgestone Pole Position 245/40/19 Fr and 275/35/19 Rr

Post Thanks / Like

I have talked to both Corsa and Roto-Fab and they are going to do some digging on this.
    I have to say Bob Flores at Corsa knows his stuff and is real willing to see if he can find a solution and the same with Mike the Owner of Roto-Fab.
    I wanted to give them a shout out for wanting me and others that are having this problem to see if they can find a solution. I may not even have anything to do with their products but are glad I called to let them know what was going on with my car.
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, mine did it again after going through some deep puddles. I don't have a CAI; it does seem to be on the right side. See any point in me calling them also?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Conipc,
    It can't hurt. Seems there are a bunch of us out there and like Bob at Corsa said they want find out what is causing this. It maybe where the O2 sensor is they call it the "Bung Location".
    I would call him Tuesday because he was going to talk to his guys at the plant and dig into this so the more people letting them know the better for everyone. I am sure there are folks out there that maybe don't know it's happening or maybe just gave up and accepted it.

Bob's extension at Corsa is #134 and let him know you talked to me Curtis.

Thanks for the help on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Below is what another member sent to me in this issue. Check out the link and will show we are not the only ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tex, you might want to check out this thread on the other board, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...ght=corsa+rain I'm not sure if this is the exact symptom as you described, but when it happened to me in heavy rain my car bogged real bad and sounded like the exhaust was clanking, pulled over, restarted car and everything was fine.This has happened to a few others and there was a lot of discussion as to possible causes. Just read through the thread and hopefully it will help. I myself haven't come to any concrete cause and haven't drove in the rain since, but there does seem to be a problem with the corsa/roto combo as it seems to happen most to people with that combo.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Forum search 'corsa limp mode' on both boards.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.