Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BMR Sway Bars Kick Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up BMR Sway Bars Kick Ass!

Brand: BMR Fabrication

Price: Group Buy for a great deal!

Purchased From: Kyle at BMR fabrication

Installation: Rear was very easy, took less than 15 min. Front took a little time and a lot of patience. Took as much time to get the OEM bar out as it did to get the beefy BMR bar in. We found holding our left foot up, waving our right fist around and cursing at it was the magic combo.

Installation Time: I think it took around 3 hours for both, taking our time and not rushing anything.

Any Installation Tips You Have: Have someone else do the front bar, anyone can do the rear.

Front Sway Bar Settings
    Hole 1 - 87% stiffer than OE bar
    Hole 2 - 137% stiffer than OE bar

Rear Sway Bar Settings
    Hole 1 - 91% stiffer than OE bar
    Hole 2 - 164% stiffer than OE bar
    Hole 3 - 286% stiffer than OE bar

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10. Very good welds and excellent fit/finish. The only thing I would change would be to add 90 degree fittings on the front bushing brackets to make greasing them easier. We tried to do this, but couldn't get the new ones to fit properly.

Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10

Any Other Comments: Worth every penny! If you drive mostly on smooth pavement and want to stay very flat around corners, I'd suggest these bars on the stiffest settings. If you live where the road is broken or rough, you may want to start with the softer setting.
    Last edited by SRG963; 06-18-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you like them Shawn. I feel that my staggered setup (wanders a little) could really benefit from these. Sounds like it worked out well for your staggered setup...?

This a must do for me. I've now seen maybe 15 positive reviews on these.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.........can I do the install on ramps or do I need a lift?
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Randy the swaybars won't fix the wander, it seems like the toe in needs to be increased, that keeps the car traveling in a straight line.

I want to get these swaybars too, it seems like a good upgrade for the money. Thanks for the comments Shawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    Randy the swaybars won't fix the wander, it seems like the toe in needs to be increased, that keeps the car traveling in a straight line.

I want to get these swaybars too, it seems like a good upgrade for the money. Thanks for the comments Shawn.
    One of these days, I have to get my car to someone who is great with alignments - my dealer is NOT. Been this way since I bought the car. With my driveshaft replacement, everything else was supposedly checked. Time for another opinion. LOL.
    R.I.P. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    Oh.........can I do the install on ramps or do I need a lift?
    I believe you need the tires to hang free when installing the bars, so a lift makes it much easier than jack and stands.

These bars really made a big difference, the car feels like it's glued to the road. I was close to doubling the posted suggested speed around corners today
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days, I have to get my car to someone who is great with alignments - my dealer is NOT. Been this way since I bought the car. With my driveshaft replacement, everything else was supposedly checked. Time for another opinion. LOL.
    Good Year did a decent job aligning my GT. I could also pay them an additional $40 to set the car to exactly what I wanted. I would suggest someone that offers a lifetime alignment if you plan to keep the car a long time like I am.
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up. Thanks. Thats item 3 on my list now, 2 being the sub frame connectors.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

It's far for you but Downingtown Goodyear is purdy good
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

I put the same set on my car in the garage by myself. You have to jack the passenger side up about 1.5 to 2 feet to have clearance to remove the bar. Both tires have to come off and you have to remove the drivers tierod end to clear the bar. Overall it was not hard - just time consuming. I also have the sub-frame connectors and tunnel brace. The car corners flat with the rear kicking out on WOT when it shifts gears - no rear shake/shimmy like stock!