1 3.45%
  • Do No More. Leave it alone.

1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Choose My Next Round of Mods and Why...Please Vote

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Me Choose My Next Round of Mods and Why...Please Vote

Now that appearance is 90% where I want it on my G8 and I feel the need for more speed than 13 flats, it's time to plan for my next round of go-fast mods.
    Out of the picture for now is NOS or a Stall.
    Yes I am Cortex CAI Tuned also even though it's not in my Sig.
    End Goal: Daily Driver/Street Sleeper/Vette Surpriser/Track once or twice per year/Low Headaches & BS.

Here is what I have it narrowed down to in stages and in order with my current thinking:

1. 3.45 or 3.70 Diff.

2. Finish the Bolt-ons (Fasterproms Stage II Ported TB & Intake Manifold, UD Pulley, Kooks Mids w/high flow Cats, sell Cortex, get a real Dyno Tune).

3. Mild Cam & supporting parts & light head work like what Vector is coming out with.

4. Wait/Save for F.I. (Vector Turbo or Maggie).

So, of the four choices, which path would you suggest and why? Or do you have another idea not already listed?

I guess I'll also put 5. other and 6. Leave it Alone in the poll too. LOL.

As always, thanks for your input fellow GRRRR8.net members! I'm at that turning point now and could use your advice.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When you say cam with supporting mods do you mean still getting mids and stuff. If not i would start with that stuff. Get the headers, ported Intake, dyno tune, and gett the 3.45s to go with or a stall.
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
    When you say cam with supporting mods do you mean still getting mids and stuff. If not i would start with that stuff. Get the headers, ported Intake, dyno tune, and gett the 3.45s to go with or a stall.
    ^This if you're doing the cam you'll want to do headers too.
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
    I meant the supporting pieces for the Cam install i.e. lifters, bolts, etc and maybe some appropriate head work while we're in there. But good point, with the exception of gears, the headers have to get done no matter what.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Post Thanks / Like

whats your budget?

Post Thanks / Like

Gears no doubt about it IMO. I went from 3.08s to 3.73 in my 85 Vette and from 2.93s to 3.42 in my DD wagon, it transformed both with no other mods especially the Vette which is a manual trans. Other than NOS you can't beat it for seat of the pants feel per dollar. Gears in the G8 were done along with other mods but trust me you will feel a major difference esp with 3.70s and no other changes.
    08 IOM GT 20x8.5 20x10 Breytons GTS, 1 7/8 Kooks, 3'' custom exhaust with side exit and cutouts all ceramic coated. 3600 Yank, 3.90 gears. Pedders XAs and bushings, custom rear lower control arms, full length frame connectors, bottom painted hot rod black with IOM suspension. 125 wet plate nitrous, 175 direct port with dedicated fuel system, FAST LSX intake, Meziere electric water pump. All lines converted to Hard SS or black braided. Vararam, remote oil filter, billet valve and coil covers, aluminum and carbon fiber engine panels custom stereo with eclipse amps and 12'' sub in custom box, billet alum/carbon fiber/plexiglass trunk floor. GTS fenders, Evolution nose and hood with custom scoop
    Started but not done: custom paint, custom interior with 4 GTS style seats.
    Not the fastest but close enough for Rock and Roll.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish34 View Post
    whats your budget?
    Options 1 through 3 will be in my budget - just not all three options at the same time, which is why I'm trying to prioritize these.
    R.I.P. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

I voted gears but if a cam and head work fit in the budget then do headers too. Oh Camaro diff 3.45 1095ish shipped and Kooks mid 1 7/8 800ish diff install 400ish headers esp mids you can handle. I don't think you'll like 3.70s if you dd your car. I think it will eat twice as deep in to you MPGs as 3.45s JMO..

Banned for not playing nice
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Gears are ok but I would just wait until you wear out the diff you have.

2. I would skip the ported TB, intake manifold, and UD pulley. Go straight to headers and a dyno tune which will wake up your car! Decide what to do from there as they are supporting mods for everything else.

3. After you have headers and tune for a while and want more power go with a DOD delete cam package.

4. Still want more power after having a cam for a while throw a blower on it!

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get headers/tune is a must no matter what. From there its open IMO.. Either gears or spray it/cam/sc.
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.