Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontiac Nationals August 6,7,8 2010

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pontiac Nationals August 6,7,8 2010

www.pontiacnationals.com

I took this info from clubgp:

"well for most they know what this event is, it needs no introdution, but for new people here is the skinny.

This is by the far the biggest and best pontiac event in the country. It is 3 days of racing on the one of the best tracks, the biggest 2 day pontiac car show in the country, and a huge swap meet. it is one of the best events to goto. Almost all th other events for us have dried up. This one is going strong and they welcome us FWD cars. we have our own racing class thanks to Super Duty Promotions, which is the company that puts on the event. you can camp in your pits for free with your car. it is probably one of the cheaper events too.

Info on Drag Racing: $65.00 whole weekend
    http://www.pontiacnationals.com/dragrace.html

Car Show info: $40.00 whole weekend - if just coming for the weekend this is the best bang for the buck. you get free meals and only pay 5 bucks more, but you cant park your car in the pits.(very stupid i know)
    http://www.pontiacnationals.com/carshow.html

This will be my 4th year in a row starting this thread. i hope its early enough for people to start planning ahead. it is a great time.

Some helpful tips:
    *If your tent camping in the pits, it is asphalt. So no stakes, you will need to bring stuff to keep the tent from blowing away. Also if it rains you will want something underneath and/or on top to keep ya dry. Carpet padding works good to add a lil extra padding.
    *some sort of ezup or shelter, there is hardly any shade in the pits
    *chairs are a good idea
    *There are picnic tables but some pits might not get one.
    *they do have showers and they are around 4bucks or so. early morning or late night is best time as not as many people.

hope to see ya there. "

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Post Thanks / Like

This event is very good. I showed the G8 there last year and had a ton of fun. There is racing all day long so with the car show and racing there is tons to do.

There were only 4 G8s there last year so it would be nice to see some more. I will be there for sure on Sunday and maybe Saturday. So mark your calenders now!

2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Post Thanks / Like

I will look into going to this. how far from Indy?
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

It's over 300 miles Travis.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

It's about 275 depending on where in Indy you are at. I will more than likely do this over the G8 meet. I had a great time there last year, even though I got put in a retarded class for the car show. This year will probably be just drag racing, unless I stay for the weekend.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    It's over 300 miles Travis.
    thanks, I think I will just go to the Quad Cities. I do not think I can pull off 2 events in Aug.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL69 View Post
    It's about 275 depending on where in Indy you are at. I will more than likely do this over the G8 meet. I had a great time there last year, even though I got put in a retarded class for the car show. This year will probably be just drag racing, unless I stay for the weekend.
    I will be doing this and likely GM Nationals over the G8 meet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL69 View Post
    It's 325 from Southport.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try and make this one for sure. Norwalk is a great track. Probably only be able to go down one day so I won't be entering but I can't wait to see all the Pontiacs.
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT
    1999 Black Trans Am

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I can make it this year. I know some people in the local Grand Prix club go every year. And Norwalk is a great place, I like going there.
    2009 Stryker Blue Metallic G8 GT