Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Removing stock engine cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Removing stock engine cover

Hello Charlie, I understand that the stock plastic engine cover basically 'snaps- off' when it's pulled up to be removed. While attempting to remove mine the cover was stuck at the front corner near the oil-fill tube. It seemed that maybe it was stuck to a heater hose or possibly a fitting attached to the heater hose. I didn't remove the cover. I guess I should try again and just reach underneath and be braver and try to get the cover to come off. It's hard to see underneath when you're afraid to pull too hard and maybe cause damage to a new car. Thank-you for any attention. This board is GRRRR8. Maybe this will be my start down that long road of modding. First mod: oil catch can.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Remove the oil cap and give a firm tug straight up.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thank-you for the quick reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine turned out to be stuck to the heater hose. I yanked it anyway. Guess I need that heater hose relocation kit

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnbell2 View Post
    Mine turned out to be stuck to the heater hose. I yanked it anyway. Guess I need that heater hose relocation kit
    Still have plenty of them left.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Still have plenty of them left.
    BUMP.
    2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT