Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PIP4642: Drive Line Boom Noise And/Or Vibration

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is its going to be a bad carrier bearing on the driveshaft. This issue has happened on other vehicles with 2 piece driveshafts.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

They can come take mine. Just bring me a replacement.

Indiana Lemon Law.

http://www.indianaconsumer.com/consu.../lemon_law.asp

1.Report the problem within 18 months of purchase or before 18,000 miles, whichever comes first. Check
    2.Take your vehicle to an authorized dealer for repair. check
    3.Allow a dealer a reasonable number of attempts to repair. A reasonable number of attempt means: your vehicle is subject to at least four repair attempts OR is out of service due to repairs for at least 30 business days and the problem still exists. Check
    4.Request a copy of the written repair order every time you take your car to the dealer for repair or examination. Check
    5.Read your owner’s manual or vehicle warranty.
    ◦Is written notice to the manufacturer required? If so, you must send written notice of your problem, along with copies of all repair orders to the manufacturer at the address identified in the owner’s manual or vehicle warranty.
    ◦Has the manufacturer adopted an informal dispute procedure that has been certified by the Attorney General? If so, you must follow the procedure before you can file a lawsuit under the Lemon Law. Call tomorrow
    ◦If notice is NOT required and the manufacturer does not have an informal dispute procedure, you may file a lawsuit without notifying the manufacturer of your claim.
    6.The manufacturer has 30 days to accept return of your vehicle and, at your option, replace the vehicle or refund your money.
    7.If the manufacturer does not resolve your claim, you must file a lawsuit within two years from the date you first reported the problem to the dealer. If you win the lawsuit, you can recover all your costs and attorney fees.
    Last edited by GM_Fan; 08-19-2009 at 06:38 PM.

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

does it feel almost like the AFM kicking in only you feel it right in the drivers seat? is everyone experiencing it at the same speeds?
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is consistently 68-73 mph. Not at all like AFM. More like a pulsating vibration that you feel in the steering wheel and floorboard.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize how many people had this issue. How can it not be fixed? The car didn't ship that way so obviously there is something that can be swapped out to fix it, they are just to cheap to do it.

This thread makes me want to sell this car. I can live with all the other issues I read about, but not something "un-fixable". That sounds ridiculous to me.

I was about to drop 10K into this car with a supercharger, headers, etc... Now I doubt I'll even keep this car. But what else can we buy? I don't like the new camero, I like my G8. I already got 11K on my car so it sounds like I am getting close to having this issue.

Is it even legal for a company to sell something and not fix it? If there is a problem and it can't be fixed would we not be entitled to our money back?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    Mine is consistently 68-73 mph. Not at all like AFM. More like a pulsating vibration that you feel in the steering wheel and floorboard.
    This is the range that mine is. I don't have AFM.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    My guess is its going to be a bad carrier bearing on the driveshaft. This issue has happened on other vehicles with 2 piece driveshafts.

Might be the $1200

http://www.hendrix-engineering.com/h...eering_004.htm
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grandmacpubah View Post
    does it feel almost like the AFM kicking in only you feel it right in the drivers seat? is everyone experiencing it at the same speeds?
    Maybe my ass is too fat but what???
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

My problem isn't the AFM. It happens at a certain speed about (62mph) and gets worse as speed increases.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is actually worse on the lower end of the MPH spectrum. And manual mode and keeping the RPMs higher will make your stomach feel sick when you feel the vibration going through the car. Ugh! Every time I drive it, I get more and more disgusted with it. The wife already figures I'll be out car shopping by the end of the week. Nope, she doesn't know me at all......Lol!
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg