Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Ford Taurus SHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dandragonrage View Post
    I don't know about new, but when I went looking for used ones ~3 years ago, even 97-98 Mustang GTs (like 225 hp or some crap) were more expensive than the 99 Z28 I bought, which was WAY faster. And it was a 6 speed, not a 5 speed. New Edge (99-04) brought the power up a bit for the Mustang GT, but still not nearly enough to compete.
    Well at the time ('99), the New Edge's 260/302 was considered a lot. After a few years of driving mine, I wondered why the hell Ford wouldn't get more power out of their engines. The 281ci had more potential than what they were putting out. I will say, that these are probably one of the most mod friendly cars out there, and I knew many with just GT's that were smoking GM cars with ease. Of course, they were modded extensively, but not all were blown.
    2008 White Hot G8 GT - SOLD
    Power: 430 LS3, Vararam, ARH 1 7/8 LTs w/ Magnaflow Axleback, Patrick G. Tune
    Looks: 6000k HIDs, 19" Sport wheels
    Suspension: BMR Rear Trailing Arms, Subframe Bushings, and Toe Rods, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, H&R Sport Springs
    423/406

Current - BMW 2007 335i

Post Thanks / Like

I spit in their general direction...
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UGotSmkd View Post
    Well at the time ('99), the New Edge's 260/302 was considered a lot. After a few years of driving mine, I wondered why the hell Ford wouldn't get more power out of their engines. The 281ci had more potential than what they were putting out. I will say, that these are probably one of the most mod friendly cars out there, and I knew many with just GT's that were smoking GM cars with ease. Of course, they were modded extensively, but not all were blown.
    No way, not LS1 Camaros. I was on mustangforums.com for a bit and there was a thread asking about beating LS1 Camaros and responses would say to get a minimum of 4.11 gears and consider forced induction or N2O, etc. They were specifically saying that they can't get as much from a cam swap as the Camaros could, etc.