Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NE folks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default NE folks?

Are there any G8 people in Nebraska other than me?! EH?

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked mine up on Thursday from Missouri Valley, but live in Omaha. I really don't see very many around here. I've seen a few, but ever since I made a decision to get a G8 three or so weeks ago, I haven't seen a single one. Maybe I'm looking too hard.

Post Thanks / Like

lol I noticed the same thing. Saw a couple in Lincoln, then got mine and see none. But the ones I do are black.... I will be getting some satin black stripes to stand out some day. If you're interested, we are expanding our Grand Prix club in Nebraska to Late Model Pontiac. Go to www.nebraskaclubgp.net. We are still there until the transition, the new forum is under construction. I am SLPGTP on there.

I also got mine from Woodhouse. Couldn't beat that deal. What did you pay for your?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

There are several on base at Offutt. I know of at least 5 others. Mine is the only sport red though One white GXP, one red GT, and I think two different black GTs. I hope there are more of us (sort of). Was looking into getting an HPTuner and spending the extra $200 to get the unlimited make/model/year so we could share the cost and the unit.

Post Thanks / Like

It's only $200 to get whatever years you want?!?! Woah!!

Jump over to www.nlmpontiac.com

It's a Nebraska Pontiac club for late model cars to balance the ones that cater more towards the older Pontiacs. Make a newb post and get talkin! It needs more non GP chatter since we converted.

Do you work at Offut?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I talked the wife into getting the last one at Plaza Pontiac in Omaha on Sun. We got rid of the old Grand Am GT in place of the red loaded G8 GT. I knew what these cars were capable of, I lived in Australia for several years and saw kinds of 'hoped' up Holdens and was just amazed at how fast these little known cars were!. I hear all these people on other boards trash talking Holdens but I can assure you that their is a crap-load of old Holdens in Aus. that would run with the best new/old model car or truck. Sure, they look old and outdated but Holden makes cars to last, period. I was so glad to see the line come to the states but what a crock that GM had to drop the Pontiac line just when I think they had a chance at something great. Anyways, these are wonderful cars and im glad I can be a proud owner of an 'americanized' Holden. Mods are already on order, just had it for 5 days....

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

My HPTuners is on the way. Got a GREAT deal on a used one with USB and 4 credits left. Should be in just in time for my home built intake to be finished.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am in omaha. i dont see too many g8's.

whats weird is a just got back from a 2600mile road trip and only saw maybe 2 g8's the whole trip. we were on drag week and they took a couple of pics of my car. who knows, might end up with a blurb in the there.
    new car : 08gt stock

old car: 09gt, twin 60's, dual 3" exhaust, circleD converter, patrickG spec cam (216/224 .561/568" 115LSA +2 advance), e85, 717rwhp(12psi), 10.82@129(13psi)
    http://neufamily.org/images/g8gallery/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    i am in omaha. i dont see too many g8's.

whats weird is a just got back from a 2600mile road trip and only saw maybe 2 g8's the whole trip. we were on drag week and they took a couple of pics of my car. who knows, might end up with a blurb in the there.
    Man, your not joking!!, very few G8 around here in Omaha, my kids taekwondo instructor has one but dose not drive it much. Maybe their are more in 'hiding'?. Love the set-up on your ride!!. I run the alkycontrol 'meth' kit on my Buick T-Type with no problems maybe because I use the FAST EFI kit on that car. But I saw it on yours, have you had any issues with it, i.e A/F, anything?. I want to put on on my G8, these kits work great on my old Buick and would like to get the same results out of the L76. Whats your thoughts?..

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a silver GT on my way to work, and saw a red V6 and a pacific green V6 a few days back. Barring that, I never see them. I feel obligated to give a thumbs up/nod, it's such an occasion when I come across them.
    2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT