Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 1304 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What did you do to your G8 today?

I participate regularly in various motorcycle forums and this thread is usually a fun one. It gives us a lot of ideas of what each of us does from one day to another on our cars and also gives us ideas of what to do to our own G8's... It's not to take the place of specific threads but a lot of us do things to our cars that have been talked about to death but we still want to say "HEY I DID THIS!"

Please post here if you just looked at it, washed it, added a new geegaw, pumped up the tires, painted it, etc etc... You get the idea. Nothing's too trivial to post here... Anything goes except NSFW items... Forum rules apply here of course!

So??

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

OK I'll be the first...

Since my car is parked until I get the lower control arm replaced I decided to tear into her. The squeaks and rattles are just to much for me. The number one noise was one that I've had since new. It's right above my left ear and goes away if I put a slight amount of pressure on the head liner. So I tore all the parts off so I could drop down that part of the head liner and put the soft side of VelcroŽ on all the little plastic tits that are glued to the back side of the head liner (think egg carton) which keep the head liner away from the roof but touch the roof. I also had some foam that I bought which I stuffed up there. I believe I have fixed that issue but only a drive will tell me that.

I then tore into the doors and completely covered them with Raammat (like dynamat). I did the door skins and the inner part. I'm hoping that will reduce some of the road noise. There's very little anything in there stock to do it so I'm sure this will help.

Cheers,
    Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I drove in the rain and bought some overlays from http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/index.php
    Gone...Goodbye..It been fun and expensive!!

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a fun post - I peaked out at it in the garage. lol

boogie - thanks for that link, I think I will buy some too been looking for those overlays, woohoo!
    09 SBM G8 GT - 1 of 1111 - Vararam ~ Solo Mach Shorty Catback ~ SC Cortex 93 tune

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing today yet, but yesterday took her on her first road trip. We drove 3 hours to a mini-family reunion on Elizabethtown, NC. Before the trip I changed the oil for the first time (1000 miles) and gave her a bath. It sure was a conversation piece at the reunion!

'09 PBM GT: 579hp/ 552tq - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Today I just drove it listening to Dave Mathews "Live ay Redrocks". Great 2 disc set. On Sat. I washed her, I will probably vacuum her out tonight when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the store and got a few switches and some wire for my line lock install. Waiting for Greg to try to get me the ONLY radiator cap in the US......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Went to the store and got a few switches and some wire for my line lock install. Waiting for Greg to try to get me the ONLY radiator cap in the US......
    I think GM needs to stock a few more parts in the US for these things...

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    I think GM needs to stock a few more parts in the US for these things...
    lol

The car only lasted two model years.

I think Crazy Paul will be sending parts from Oz, more and more in the future...

I haven't done anything today, but yesterday I swapped the intake and TB for the ported set from Fasterproms.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Thirsty for Knowledge mtolivecracker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i got to drive my GXP to work this morning, which is a big deal becuase ive been away on vacation for a week without it. Last night i swtiched the XM out for Sirius(big deal to me) so i got to listen to that today. i was very excited, i really missed it

Black G8 GXP M6 Red/Onyx
    Lots of Mods