Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1288 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 288788118812381278128612871288128912901298 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,880 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Pretty darn quiet out here....
    Took her out to see if the new Continental Extreme Sport Sports seemed any stickier........
    Fred how were they? I wanted to go with 255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rears
    My tires I have now are fairly new only 6500 miles on them. But would like to go wider.

Took her out for a wot and got myself an iced coffee this morning. She needs a cleaning.
    I was let go 3 weeks ago so I have a little more time. Sucks because the older you become the harder it is to find a job. Any good jobs you'll need an inside..otherwise its shit out there. CT sucks! Companies are leaving or closing up in droves. Politicians ruined it.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Fred how were they? I wanted to go with 255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rears
    My tires I have now are fairly new only 6500 miles on them. But would like to go wider.

Took her out for a wot and got myself an iced coffee this morning. She needs a cleaning.
    I was let go 3 weeks ago so I have a little more time. Sucks because the older you become the harder it is to find a job. Any good jobs you'll need an inside..otherwise its shit out there. CT sucks! Companies are leaving or closing up in droves.
    Politicians ruined it.
    Yeah, seems like soon there will only be jobs in politics......
    As for the tires, I came from a set of DWS06 all seasons going on 8 years old. Heck of a tire, probably still one of the best high performance all seasons out there. Decided to go with a summer tire because the car sits from end of November till sometime in April and I’m never gonna wear them out before they get old. Ride well, don’t notice all the imperfections in the road like some reviews state. Still able to blow them pretty easily but the car seems to stay straighter.
    Not inexpensive though, but might as well have good tires than save it for oatmeal and diapers down the road
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Applying some Dynamat to the trunk and doors. Not going for the all out sound dampening install but enough to take the "tinny-ness" out of the vehicle. Working on finally getting my stealth stereo install done as well. I have 90% of the parts and need to make the rest. Going to make the amp rack out of a nice piece of ABS and heat form it into the shape that I need. Not sure if anyone would be interested in a build-a-long post in regards to that or not.
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    Applying some Dynamat to the trunk and doors. Not going for the all out sound dampening install but enough to take the "tinny-ness" out of the vehicle. Working on finally getting my stealth stereo install done as well. I have 90% of the parts and need to make the rest. Going to make the amp rack out of a nice piece of ABS and heat form it into the shape that I need. Not sure if anyone would be interested in a build-a-long post in regards to that or not.
    Like to see a write up on that.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing too exciting, but I replaced my old Amsoil filter on my rotofab with a new Amsoil filter. The old filter was beat up and crushed a little bit and just looked ugly. The new one looks minty fresh!

Also replaced a squeaky belt tensioner with a new one that had been driving me crazy for a few months.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terryscott621 View Post
    Nothing too exciting, but I replaced my old Amsoil filter on my rotofab with a new Amsoil filter. The old filter was beat up and crushed a little bit and just looked ugly. The new one looks minty fresh!

Also replaced a squeaky belt tensioner with a new one that had been driving me crazy for a few months.
    I have that same squeak. I thought it was a pulley. Time for me to do the same thing.
    Sounds like a frigging chipmunk caught in my motor when I start it. It does calm down once I start driving it.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    I have that same squeak. I thought it was a pulley. Time for me to do the same thing.
    Sounds like a frigging chipmunk caught in my motor when I start it. It does calm down once I start driving it.
    Yup. That’s what mine sounded like. It would only make the sound when idling. Once I got going it wouldn’t make noise. It finally got bad enough that I tracked it down to the tensioner pulley. Super easy fix, it only took about ten minutes to fix and the part was $60 from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see if I can make some more progress over the weekend and put a post together in the electronics section. Nothing too exciting right now but hope to make some good progress this weekend.
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

This past week I swapped out my original fog light housings for new ones. The old ones were pretty beat even with having XPEL film on them since I got the car. I also replaced the fog lights with some new LED bulbs. And lastly, I bought some Black Plastic & Vinyl Plastic Trim Restorer by Solution Finish to see if it will restore my roof rails, fog light trim, mirrors, and GXP diffuser and any other black plastic trim I can find that needs it. Trim restoration will happen this weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't forget about the post but I'm pressing forward a bit and getting all of the wiring wrapped up. I'm documenting things as I go so I'll do the write up all in one shot.

As for what I'm going to do to it (maybe today) it will be finishing up the wiring that needs to be tied into the OEM harness and after that all checks out, getting the front seats back in and securing the RCA's, speaker wire, remote turn on wire and Sat radio antenna wire running from the dash to the trunk area. Tomorrows goal is to make the amp rack out of thick ABS plastic and if that gets knocked out, I'll then be able to focus on mounting the amps and getting the gains and crossovers set properly. After that it's time to power it all on and pray for no magical blue smoke!
    - Matt