Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 960 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095895996096196297010101060 ... LastLast
Results 9,591 to 9,600 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

While I like the black roof I went blue metallic on mine lol
    uploadfromtaptalk1410367345919.jpg

2009.1 PSM GT Sport/Premium Package.
    OBX 1 7/8", 3" to 2.5" X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth, 6k HIDS, VCM OTR
    Rick C Intake and Throttle Body, MM Carbon Fiber Hood, 19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring, Pat G Tuned

Post Thanks / Like

I really oughta get the Dr. Colorchip thingy. Success on one of the chips, not on the rest. In trying to remove the extra paint around the second chip, I ended up scratching the paint OUT of the chip. So then I just went ahead and scratched off the rest with my thumb and they came right off. Reapplied the touch-up paint but MUCH more judiciously, so there's less to clean up. Round two will likely commence tomorrow.

On the upshot, I've got some new flood lights for my car polish work coming in. LED floods, baby! No more hot halogen lights turning my garage into a sauna!
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Why do women do that knowing you worked your ass off to clean your car? Most women have no clue!

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Agreed!!

Its the black cloud that has been hanging over my head these last couple months.. LOL! ..will not go away!

Been thunder and lightning now for a couple hours ..hopefully it will cool down now.
    Wife wants me to drive my G8 to dinner after I just washed her ..I looked at her with this expression
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Got the injectors back into the FAST 102.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

5. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Got the injectors back into the FAST 102.
    FAST 102
    Winner
    liquid Red # 804 of the 888s
    HAMMER

Stock with just a couple of bolt ons
    & a couple of replaced parts to go a
    little faster.
    My cam is 241/253 569/578 106LSA,
    391 ZL rear, 3600 stall,Custom made single plane intake
    Raceing TH400 to get built/1 piece drive shaft/4000 stall

LIFE IS RACING EVERYTHING ELSE IS WAITING

Post Thanks / Like

Found close out deal on tire sensor tool for 19 bucks @ tirerack...
    http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=177
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Polished out some of the wet sand marks on the hood. Not completely happy with the results, but they'll do.

One of my favorite things about polishing, of course, is when some microscopic bit of dirt finds its way into the pad. So you lift the pad and inspect your work, glad to see that the scratches you were aiming to obliterate are indeed gone... only to be replaced be a new set of lovely circular scars.

There is NO way I could do car detailing for a living. I just don't have the patience.

9. Likes TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Polished out some of the wet sand marks on the hood. Not completely happy with the results, but they'll do.

One of my favorite things about polishing, of course, is when some microscopic bit of dirt finds its way into the pad. So you lift the pad and inspect your work, glad to see that the scratches you were aiming to obliterate are indeed gone... only to be replaced be a new set of lovely circular scars.

There is NO way I could do car detailing for a living. I just don't have the patience.

Kevin, did you ever get some Adams MF pads and new polish? If not, you REALLY need to! It's SO worth it. SO SO SO much better. The MF pads make quick work of the process too.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

11. Thanks Eidolon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Kevin, did you ever get some Adams MF pads and new polish? If not, you REALLY need to! It's SO worth it. SO SO SO much better. The MF pads make quick work of the process too.
    No, I'd bought a new set of full bottles of the old just as they released the new. I can't bring myself to buy still more bottles of polish and leave the old sitting unused. I know you'd used it on your old GT last GONE, and it looked great. I'll move up to those eventually, once I'm closer to using up my existing bottles of SHR/FMP/MSW. I'll get out the scratches on the car. I just wish this process weren't so... painful, at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    No, I'd bought a new set of full bottles of the old just as they released the new. I can't bring myself to buy still more bottles of polish and leave the old sitting unused. I know you'd used it on your old GT last GONE, and it looked great. I'll move up to those eventually, once I'm closer to using up my existing bottles of SHR/FMP/MSW. I'll get out the scratches on the car. I just wish this process weren't so... painful, at times.
    Yeah, you'll buy the new ones and go "why the HELL didn't I just buy these before"! NOT KIDDING! The MF pads are worth the change. MUCH faster correction times. I tried Chemical Guys MF pads before Adams had them and they were garbage in comparison.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!