Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 800 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 3007007507907987998008018028108509001300 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Installed some TR5's:
    uploadfromtaptalk1372475818519.jpg

And swapped out the drivers header gasket while I was in there:
    uploadfromtaptalk1372475878482.jpg
    I think its obvious why!

Shaun

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

I had some fun today! I ordered Rick's intake and TB and received it quite a while ago, but a bad back kept me from installing it until today. It was VERY straight forward and with a little help from here I had it off and on in no time.

Overall impression is that it sounds like a totally different engine! It's a stock engine other than these two parts and a tune, and it sounds AWESOME! It was raining, but overall impression is that it revs MUCH quicker. Now I just need to get all the other engine work done to it. I needed to get this on so I could send my stock one back ASAP.

I HIGHLY recommend you get a hold of Rick and order up his intake plenum and TB. Well worth the cost. When I reinstalled everything I used Charlie's ARP bolt kit. Looks great!

Yeah, it's dirty! I drive it!

Chris

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Installed my front air splitter today finally, got the GXP fully detailed, rotated the tires, polished each rim, and blacked out all the chrome. Ready to head over to the extravaganza now.
    09 Pontiac G8 GXP MSM M6 Roof #1405 - #43 of 82 as configured | OBX 1 7/8", 3" to 2.5" X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth, 5k HIDS, K&N CAI, SLP Skip shift, Sonar LED Tails

Post Thanks / Like

Bass mod and sub wire flip. Now that's more like it! :-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2009 G8 GT MSM, Sport Pkg
    Rotofab, Magnuson TVS1900 w/3.3", Ported Blower Tub, PB 10% OD 8 rib
    Blitz Ls250 heads pocket ported w/LS3 valves, PSI 1511ML springs, YT 1.85 RR, 7.450 PR, Comp FSL AFM cam
    Kooks 1-7/8 mids, Corsa, ZL1 converter, PPV alt

Post Thanks / Like

It was a frustrating day, a day both successful and not. Started by finally getting under the car and making sure bottoming it out a few weeks back hadn't really hurt anything, then I did some eyeballing of the clearances around where the oil cooler attachment would mount up. All well and good.

Finally also put the car up, took off the wheels, removed the brake calipers, and replaced the worn piston dust boots on the Brembos. Also all well and good.

Unfortunately, during the process a ladder tipped over and fell on the front of the car. Only mark I could see, thankfully, was a small scuff on a headlight; and most of the impact was taken by the clear bra on the headlight. So the scuff that IS on the plastic is either just adhesive, or else is still small enough to polish off. Just more work/money, is all.

Doubly unfortunately, it seems I also somehow stripped the lower bolt hole in the driver side CTS-V caliper. So THAT's also got to go on the list of things to replace, definitely before my next track event. It'll hold for the time being, since the top torqued just fine (though I had trouble getting the top in straight, while the bottom went in fine; go figure). So I'll need to replace the caliper, AND get the new one re-powder-coated by Mike. It's only money, right?
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Peaked at the Rat under the car cover as I was changing the fog lights out on the Ford Explorer
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Added a little red wire cover under the hood. Nothing spectacular.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you glad to be home? This heat wave is brutal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. Was around 70 today with a steady breeze blowing.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally rolled my fenders today and it was easy and straight forward for those who are thinking about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers