Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 639 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296376386396406416496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Yeah it was pissing out when I did a pressure test.

Got the car back today ..smells like antifreeze like crazy still ..so far I do not see any leaks but I will keep an eye on it.

What really pissed me off is the dealer put a nice scratch in front fascia and someone put over 20 miles on it ..didn't think they should've put that many miles on it until I noticed clumps of rubber inside my wheel wells. Well the SOB Tech must of been beating the shit out of my car on a test drive.
    The scratch I ended up buffing out ..it was mostly the tech dragging his body all over my front end without any protection when he was working on it.

I plan on contacting the service manager and the owner of the dealership in the morning to file a complaint if they do nothing I will report them to GM.
    Something told me I was going to find something wrong with it.

Im actually looking into selling it now. I found a GXP M6 I want.
    MongosG8,

I apologize for the experience that you had at your dealership. I see that you did contact the dealership Manager about the concerns. Please let me know if there are any other questions, comments or concerns that I may help you with.

Thank you,

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 Helper View Post
    Well, I don't own a G8 BUT if I did I would have detailed it today! Being in Texas and a mostly free humidity level this week it would have been a good day :thumbup: ... now if I was in CT (born and lived in for 18yrs) I probably would have took a nice drive from New Haven to New Hampshire and back since 5 hrs any direction from CT you can be In many different surrounding states.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm originally from Woodbridge. Been in and through New Haven quite a bit in my days (mostly through. Not much in New Haven that draws people there besides work. )

Drag Charlie's ass back this way and visit once in a while!
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    MongosG8,

I apologize for the experience that you had at your dealership. I see that you did contact the dealership Manager about the concerns. Please let me know if there are any other questions, comments or concerns that I may help you with.

Thank you,

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Thank you Tina
    I will be sending you a pm soon

I cannot blame the dealer entirely because of one rotten apple.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

All kinds of news/details on the car today.

Got an alignment this morning, plus Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire installation, at Performance Chassis. A few things emerged from that.

First off, the rear left tire has been slowly losing air for the past several months. A quick application of soapy water this morning at PC proved it to be a leaky TPMS sensor stem, so Andrew (the guru at PC) removed the faulty module entirely and replaced it with a standard tire stem until I could get a rebuild kit. I just got back from Discount Tire, where they replaced the stem for me and installed it into the tire, so I'm fully back in business.

For the alignment, a bit of bad news. My rear used to be able to develop about 1.1 - 1.2 degrees of negative camber on each side. After the last track event in February, my steering wheel had been off to the left. This morning was the first time I'd gotten an alignment since, and it looks like the rear was the problem. The rear left will now only develop about -0.8 degrees. This is with the Spohn rear touring arms with Delrin bushings. Either I've destroyed that Delrin bushing, or it could be the fact that I'm bending the alignment tabs on the rear subframe by pushing it at the track. And that's not a theoretical. I AM bending the alignment tabs. I just don't know if that's the reason for the reduced camber range. The BMR arms with camber turnbuckles are going to become a must at this rate, if they'll take the abuse.

A used 'Vette continues to be tempting, considering the suspension is meant for this kind of abuse.

Finally, the tires feel great. My car hasn't felt this smooth on the highway in a long time. They're also quieter on the highway than my Conti DWS tires. And yes, they HANG ON. I'm seriously impressed so far.

All that said, I do miss the laser precision of the Spohn front arms. I can tell there's just a bit less precision and a bit more wander in the front end with the poly and stock arms in place. But the stock arms won't snap, so there's that.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post

Got an alignment this morning, plus Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire installation, at Performance Chassis......Finally, the tires feel great. My car hasn't felt this smooth on the highway in a long time. They're also quieter on the highway than my Conti DWS tires. And yes, they HANG ON. I'm seriously impressed so far.
    I'm glad you posted this, because I am considering the Super Sports in the spring as my replacement for the stock Potenzas. The others I'm considering are the Yokohama S-Drives.

OP: On Tuesday I spent 3 hrs on the exterior, and this morning it got rained on. Not even real rain, it got spit on by large drops for about 30 seconds.

I should have washed my car more often this summer; maybe we wouldn't be in such a drought.
    2009 White Hot GT, Sport/Premium Pkg. w/ Onyx-Red Interior
    Vararam, Kooks Mids w/ Cats, and custom tune from Modern Muscle
    WeatherTech Floorliners, GM/Pontiac Trunk Liner
    "Pilots are a different type of people." ~ Most Psychologists

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Got an alignment this morning, plus Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire installation, at Performance Chassis. A few things emerged from that.

First off, the rear left tire has been slowly losing air for the past several months. A quick application of soapy water this morning at PC proved it to be a leaky TPMS sensor stem, so Andrew (the guru at PC) removed the faulty module entirely and replaced it with a standard tire stem until I could get a rebuild kit. I just got back from Discount Tire, where they replaced the stem for me and installed it into the tire, so I'm fully back in business.

For the alignment, a bit of bad news. My rear used to be able to develop about 1.1 - 1.2 degrees of negative camber on each side. After the last track event in February, my steering wheel had been off to the left. This morning was the first time I'd gotten an alignment since, and it looks like the rear was the problem. The rear left will now only develop about -0.8 degrees. This is with the Spohn rear touring arms with Delrin bushings. Either I've destroyed that Delrin bushing, or it could be the fact that I'm bending the alignment tabs on the rear subframe by pushing it at the track. And that's not a theoretical. I AM bending the alignment tabs. I just don't know if that's the reason for the reduced camber range. The BMR arms with camber turnbuckles are going to become a must at this rate, if they'll take the abuse.

A used 'Vette continues to be tempting, considering the suspension is meant for this kind of abuse.

Finally, the tires feel great. My car hasn't felt this smooth on the highway in a long time. They're also quieter on the highway than my Conti DWS tires. And yes, they HANG ON. I'm seriously impressed so far.

All that said, I do miss the laser precision of the Spohn front arms. I can tell there's just a bit less precision and a bit more wander in the front end with the poly and stock arms in place. But the stock arms won't snap, so there's that.
    Just get the vette already lol. Sound like me keep doing things and throwing money at the car making it something it isn't. I've all but thrown in the towel. Wife told me just do what you want, which is awesome. I love this car, but there are things that have taken the enjoyment out. If this was beginning of next year my new car would be in the garage. I want to wait til I get my tax money and just put a $6k or so down payment on a 2013 Mustang. I might just have to do a demod/sale of the car sooner rather than later.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Just get the vette already lol.
    Maybe next summer. 2009's got the 10.5 quart oil reservoir from the ZR1 to fix starvation issues on-track. Right now they're still $50k. Too much. The part is $1100.

EDIT: If you can't tell by the price point, I'm looking at Z06's.
    Last edited by Eidolon; 08-23-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe next summer. 2009's got the 10.5 quart oil reservoir from the ZR1 to fix starvation issues on-track. Right now they're still $50k. Too much. The part is $1100.

EDIT: If you can't tell by the price point, I'm looking at Z06's.
    Of course, either that or a Grand Sport Centennial is what I would consider, although I'm done with GM.

I've pretty much decided I'm getting a 2013 GT in GHIG auto with brembo's and cloth recaro's. Trying to keep overall cost down. Leather interior is like $4k more but it does have track apps, but not worth it to me.

Oh yeah and I drove it to work and back today. Wow exciting day -_-.
    Last edited by Zodiac; 08-23-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Replaced my spark plugs with NGK TR5. Idles much smoother now.
    New design coming soon to support Charlie's Family.

Check out BSLsucks.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove it to work. Did some rough math on how much I've spent in parts. It's... um... a lot.