Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 637 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 1375375876276356366376386396476877371137 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Dropped off at the dealer yesterday .. Water pump is shot at only 15k miles. WTF!!! Typical GM .. Hopefully I will have it back today.
    So it was the water pump, huh? I had the same thing happen to mine, right around 16,000 miles. I'm happy to report it's been fine for the 30,000 miles since.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Failed my inspection. Fucking NC and their stupid tint laws. Paid $34 for nothing. Gah!
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Put the SLP loudmouths on finally! Sounds great around town and i don't do too much highway driving so i should be good.
    New design coming soon to support Charlie's Family.

Check out BSLsucks.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Failed my inspection. Fucking NC and their stupid tint laws. Paid $34 for nothing. Gah!
    Yeah, it sucks. I used to have 20%. I miss it. 30% is not nearly as sinister, even if it does mean I can actually see while backing up. But last time at Hendrick, when I paid for the inspection, I failed due to a readiness code. But they didn't charge me the $30 again when I went back. Tint was a different deal, since I bought the initial 20% tint through them when I bought the car. They actually paid for the re-tinting!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Yeah, it sucks. I used to have 20%. I miss it. 30% is not nearly as sinister, even if it does mean I can actually see while backing up. But last time at Hendrick, when I paid for the inspection, I failed due to a readiness code. But they didn't charge me the $30 again when I went back. Tint was a different deal, since I bought the initial 20% tint through them when I bought the car. They actually paid for the re-tinting!
    He said I could come back without the tint on front windows and pay $6 to pass. Or switch it all to 30%, ugh. Do you know where I can get the form for medical exemption? I think that's how I'm gonna get it done legally.

Post Thanks / Like

He said I could come back without the tint on front windows and pay $6 to pass. Or switch it all to 30%, ugh. Do you know where I can get the form for medical exemption? I think that's how I'm gonna get it done legally.
    You can get it at the corner of Good Luck and In Your Dreams.. Bro, a good buddy of mine is my Eye Doctor and he said he wouldnt do that for me for a grand.. They are double anal in Virginia about that crap.. Guess to many drivebys in Richmond..
    2009.5 G8 GXP SRM M6 (1 of 61), (1465 build of 1829 total GXP's)
    a.k.a. "Michele"
    GO: Kooks MID's Headers, RotoFab. Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, Texas Speed Stage 2 Cam. FAST 102
    RIDE: Pedders GSR's with the Lowering Spring, BMR Cradle and Radius Rod Bushings, Pedders Sways

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't, though I was able to find this NCDOT paper on the topic. It sounds as though you have to apply to a program that evaluates your health condition and requires the input of a doctor to corroborate your statement. So it sounds like this exemption isn't quite so easy to get as it may be up north.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I can get it based upon my chronic lyme disease with chronic migraines. It may not be easy but I can get it. Thanks I'll look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    What color are those LEDs? In the first and last pics they look bluish but in the middle one it looks purplish.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.p...+g%27s+led%27s

it is really hard to get good photos of the colors Red Blue White Green Purple Strobe
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    So it was the water pump, huh? I had the same thing happen to mine, right around 16,000 miles. I'm happy to report it's been fine for the 30,000 miles since.
    Yeah it was pissing out when I did a pressure test.

Got the car back today ..smells like antifreeze like crazy still ..so far I do not see any leaks but I will keep an eye on it.

What really pissed me off is the dealer put a nice scratch in front fascia and someone put over 20 miles on it ..didn't think they should've put that many miles on it until I noticed clumps of rubber inside my wheel wells. Well the SOB Tech must of been beating the shit out of my car on a test drive.
    The scratch I ended up buffing out ..it was mostly the tech dragging his body all over my front end without any protection when he was working on it.

I plan on contacting the service manager and the owner of the dealership in the morning to file a complaint if they do nothing I will report them to GM.
    Something told me I was going to find something wrong with it.

Im actually looking into selling it now. I found a GXP M6 I want.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"