Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 510 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 104104605005085095105115125205606101010 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Disconnected the Positive cable on the battery and sat in the drivers seat wishing is was doing a WOT some where.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Swapped back to the GXP axlebacks to see how they sound and to quell the drone until I can get the J-pipes put on the Magnaflows. The GXP mufflers are loud and have a nice, racy sound with the headers. But long term they're too loud and don't sound as good as the Magnaflows.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

I run GXP axlebacks on mine... definitely has some drone at 1700-1900. Mid-muffler would fix it, but not such a big deal that im going to address it right away. Wot is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Swapped back to the GXP axlebacks to see how they sound and to quell the drone until I can get the J-pipes put on the Magnaflows. The GXP mufflers are loud and have a nice, racy sound with the headers. But long term they're too loud and don't sound as good as the Magnaflows.

2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree that sticking with the GXP axlebacks long term would need a mid-muffler, but only to mute the high-end rasp that the GXP muffs let through. The drone of the GXP axlebacks is mere background noise versus the deafening rumble of the Magnaflow drone

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    I run GXP axlebacks on mine... definitely has some drone at 1700-1900. Mid-muffler would fix it, but not such a big deal that im going to address it right away. Wot is beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree that sticking with the GXP axlebacks long term would need a mid-muffler, but only to mute the high-end rasp that the GXP muffs let through. The drone of the GXP axlebacks is mere background noise versus the deafening rumble of the Magnaflow drone

So the mid-muffler and the magnaflows would be the perfect set-up? I'm so torn!!!
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    So the mid-muffler and the magnaflows would be the perfect set-up? I'm so torn!!!
    The Magnaflow axlebacks have a very nice mid- to low-frequency tone that I would almost describe as European. They're nice. I like 'em! The only trick is the drone, which is deafening. From what Patrick G has said, the mid-muffler kills the 1700-1900 drone. But it also mutes the roar on startup and some of the higher end notes, which is why I want J-pipes, which should leave the high notes but kill the drone.

The GXP muffs have some drone, but nothing like the Magnaflow. But their character is very raspy. Mind, they sound like a race car on the throttle, but any backfire on decel snaps out the tailpipes. The Magnaflow mid-muff should help to mute some of that and leave lots of midrange that yowls on WOT to wake the dead.

So if you like some aggressive volume to your exhaust, my recommendation would be Magnaflows and J-pipes or GXP's and the Magnaflow mid-muff. It's low versus high frequency tone.

Post Thanks / Like

So if you like some aggressive volume to your exhaust, my recommendation would be Magnaflows and J-pipes or GXP's and the Magnaflow mid-muff. It's low versus high frequency tone.

I want it low! Guess I have to wait for someone to install the j-pipes then not like the sound...
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    You're using the GXP axle backs? It might sound okay. I don't like what the mid muffler did to my flowmaster sound.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove it to work in ice cold 12 degree weather.

Realized I need to get new wipers. Windshield washers were frozen solid the entire way to work, not good.

BUT, she handled the ice and blowing snow like a champ with the winter tires on. First real snow of the season...

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    Drove to work this morning. It is now snowing in her :-(

Sent from the iPhone 4S
    Hope you made it home ok. I saw your car sitting at your work on my way to the woods to go hunting yesterday morning. The roads were slick as hell on my way back and that was in my 4x4 truck.
    Vararam, TSP cam, DOD delete, Livernois dual springs, Comp trunion kit, 1 7/8 Kooks mids, Dynomax Ultra-flows, MNM catch can, tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports

Eibach springs+FE3 suspension, BMR tunnel brace, Subframe connectors, and trailing arms, Asetto Garra 18s, BFG Sport Comp2s

TSS Concept darts, MM billet, Crazy Paul's Holden gear