Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 501 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyGT View Post
    Eidolon I'm assuming you went with Kook's LT's?..just preparing myself.
    Nah, I went with American Racing Headers. It's part of what's making the install take just a bit longer. Since the ARH system is complete from engine to axles and comes in sections, I have to hang the exhaust on the car piecemeal, put everything in place, then tighten it all down into the correct position. This includes the connection to the mufflers. The stock exhaust is already all bent to the right shape, so it just fits.

Oil dipstick tube is a pain no matter which you go with, though.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from work trip drove it to the liquor store, and tommorrow to SlowHawk to pay for dod delete and converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 White Hot G8 GT

(new)499RWHP/474RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    (old)451RWHP / 498RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    1/4=11.400@118.7 17" Drag Radials, stall, cam 1.77 60'
    1/4=12.004@120.6 17" Drag Radials 2.03 60'
    1/4=12.270 @118.3 on 18" All Seasons 2.08 60'
    SLOWHAWK Tuned

If you can't say anything intelligent, say something loud and stupid
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

This last time home i put some Brakeperformance.com slotted and drilled rotors on front and rear with hawk pads it stops great and looks great though I was waiting so i could post pics but don't have any
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Post Thanks / Like

Ultra Z I have the same rotors. I think I will upgrade to the Hawk pads soon.

I took the Black Rat out today for the first time in almost a month. Wow it was sure nice to get back behind the wheel and fire her up. Such a nice car we have. Still having some front tire balance issues on the fronts with the new DWS's. I think Discount Tire has no clue. I put 32 miles on this morning to make sure I got it nice and warmed up .

She needs a good Adams Bubble bath from just sitting.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Wow. Just got the headers in and started 'er up. Wow. WOW. I mean... WOW. That's about all I could say for 5 minutes. That's all I'm still saying! It's just... WOW!

Was also struck by a tiny but awesome workaround for the dipstick tube troubles. Considering that it came to me after praying, I'll give God the credit. A 10mm box end wrench is a perfect fit for the dipstick tube itself while still being small enough to grasp the lip at the base of the tube. The starter motor is perfectly positioned as a fulcrum. So put the end of the box end wrench around the tube, use the starter motor as the fulcrum, and apply pressure to the other end of the wrench to force the dipstick tube in. It doesn't require much force, and it gets the perfect angle to get the thing seated. Happiness!
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    He went with ARH, but I assume the process is identical. I did the Kooks myself.
    Thanks Len
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Wow. Wow. Just got the headers in and started 'er up. Wow. WOW. I mean... WOW. That's about all I could say for 5 minutes. That's all I'm still saying! It's just... WOW!

Was also struck by a tiny but awesome workaround for the dipstick tube troubles. Considering that it came to me after praying, I'll give God the credit. A 10mm box end wrench is a perfect fit for the dipstick tube itself while still being small enough to grasp the lip at the base of the tube. The starter motor is perfectly positioned as a fulcrum. So put the end of the box end wrench around the tube, use the starter motor as the fulcrum, and apply pressure to the other end of the wrench to force the dipstick tube in. It doesn't require much force, and it gets the perfect angle to get the thing seated. Happiness!
    Well I'm happy your happy..Thanks for the dip stick info.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

just drove to work and back. The 2-3 flare is back.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    just drove to work and back. The 2-3 flare is back.
    Sucks!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

trying to decide which drive thru car wash to take it to.
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.