Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 295 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 1952452852932942952962973053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Determined to stay up as late as it took to get the BMR sway bars, end links, subframe connectors, and tunnel brace installed. The subframe connectors and tunnel brace were easy. But the sway bars and end links... I may have to do penance or something for the amount of curing I did tonight. I couldn't figure the front endlinks out; I tore a hole in a tie rod boot; the cheap grease gun I bought was spewing grease out of every orifice including, occasionally, the tip connected to the Zerk fitting for the front sway bar; and the cheap grade steel in the bolts in the stock end links out back meant that one of the inner hex heads stripped out and I had to quite literally tear apart that ball joint to get it off.

But now, some nine and a half hours later, it is finally done; and I was able to take it for a test drive.

There's a little less noise from the trim around my windows, which is good. The car felt solid at all times, though I drive it so infrequently these days that I can't really judge versus how it felt before.

Oddly enough, I didn't really notice the difference the sway bars made. With the stock bars, I would notice the roll of the body. With the BMR bars set at their stiffest, I notice... nada. It doesn't roll at all. The roll is just gone. It's an odd experience, having the car go where you point it with no body roll to speak of. But the ride is still compliant and comfortable. Thus far, I well approve. We'll see if I can get comfortable pushing the car to the point where it does roll. ... not over, mind. Just a bit of pitch.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Installed the VIM cables I just made. Now to charge the ipod.
    sweeet
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

I finally installed the tranny dip stick a week or so ago and this past weekend topped it off and measured onthe dip stick where the level should be. Also just swapped out the Vararam Air filter. Now I need to clean the old filters and oil them.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GT. Vararam CAI, Auxillary Transmission Cooler, Billett Catch Can, Intake Beauty Cover Delete, 2 Piece Holden Coil Covers, V6 Radiator Cover.

Heater Hose Relocation mod (to be done soon).

2003 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder-Trilogy Motorsports International Supercharger #75, 3.0 pulley, 12.5 psi boost (self installed 4/05), Tuned by Lidio Iaccobelli @ Alternative Automotive 4/09,
    412RWHP, 440RWTQ. Baer 14" front crossdrilled/slotted, rear crossdrilled slotted vented discs. Dynotech MMX driveshaft w/Metco DS loop. Auxillary Tranny cooler, widened rear rims 18x9.5", 18x8.0" fronts. 13.31 @105.8MPH------need a better 60'. Looking for the 12's

Post Thanks / Like

I got 28 mpg on my trip today.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

nothing today,just sitting in the garage. I have not driven it since last Thursday
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Took her to get a four wheel alignment and to rebalance the new rims and tires.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Vararam CAI w/ HSRK, Stage 1 Ported Throttle Body/Intake Manifold, and a Mike Norris Catch Can

Post Thanks / Like

Drove it back and forth to Greensboro for an early-morning meeting, partially for fun and partially to burn up the three-month-old tank of gas. Sway bar end link started clicking up front, so I stopped by Advance Auto Parts and used one of their socket wrenches to tighten up the bolts. That fixed it. I like what the new sway bars have done for the car. They really tightened it up. But with the stock bushings and arms, unsurprisingly, the tail end is still nervous. Replacing those'll be high on my list of "next mods".

Also, my TPMS system threw a fault again. Not sure why. Maybe I got the front tires mixed up when I put them back on the car after the sway bar install...
    Last edited by Eidolon; 03-22-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Got a thumbs up from a guy driving a Infinity G35. He kept looking at my car even as he went by me. I don't think he knew what kid of car I had but he liked it, I am guessing more that his car. LOL
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GTKID View Post
    Took her to get a four wheel alignment and to rebalance the new rims and tires.
    Did you take it to Raymond's in Plainfield?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove around Oklahoma got another look from a guy that almost broke his neck looking at my car and wondering what the hell kind of car is that, haha.

Car is covered in tree pollen, means spring is sprung.