Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1012 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 12512912962100210101011101210131014102210621112 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,120 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered 4 of the 5 gauges for the 5 Gauge Pod/trim that I got from CP last week. Speed Hut gauges, boost/vac, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure (all direct taps) and an Trans Temp (OBDII). All with warning LEDs too. Next week or two I'll be ordering an Innovate Dual A/F gauge.

It's all a little much for my current set up but I figure it couldn't hurt to future-proof things so if I throw a lumpy cam in or stroker motor down the road I'll have what I need.
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

2. Likes mjones73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fixed my HIDs, I don't know what kit is in the car, it's got the extra harness and the fuse holder was coming apart. I replaced it and extended/rerouted the wiring so it wasn't just dangling from the positive post to the front headlight. I noticed the wire is awful small for have a 25amp circuit also, gonna be beefing that up sometime.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

Dropped 2 curbed rims off to the wheel guy in town and picked them back up this afternoon. Wasn't me, I swear, but my oldest son and wife drove the car last year, so...
    I'm thinking of swapping out the snows - maybe tonight! Since the "summer" set-up is now all-season tires, it's probably OK. I mean, how much more can it snow this season?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalabil View Post
    I mean, how much more can it snow this season?
    Seriously, why would you say such a thing??? It's like asking for it...

OP: Looking forward to seeing mine tomorrow after a week in NOLA.
    2009 White Hot GT, Sport/Premium Pkg. w/ Onyx-Red Interior
    Vararam, Kooks Mids w/ Cats, and custom tune from Modern Muscle
    WeatherTech Floorliners, GM/Pontiac Trunk Liner
    "Pilots are a different type of people." ~ Most Psychologists

Post Thanks / Like

The A6 driveshaft coupler from the Camaro worked like a charm, so the driveshaft is back in, exhaust is wrapped to try to prevent further melting, and the exhaust system is reinstalled and tightened.

Photo!

I need to adjust the front struts. Apparently there is a specific orientation the top retaining plate is supposed to be in, and I managed to put both mine in in the exact opposite direction. Then it'll need an alignment. Then after that... I think it's pretty much good to go.
    Last edited by Eidolon; 03-18-2015 at 08:42 PM.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

drove mine to work since my daughter has my daily. Went over the 36K mark today
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    The A6 driveshaft coupler from the Camaro worked like a charm, so the driveshaft is back in, exhaust is wrapped to try to prevent further melting, and the exhaust system is reinstalled and tightened.

Photo!

I need to adjust the front struts. Apparently there is a specific orientation the top retaining plate is supposed to be in, and I managed to put both mine in in the exact opposite direction. Then it'll need an alignment. Then after that... I think it's pretty much good to go.
    The W's notched into the spring plate face the motor if I remember correctly.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

9. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    The W's notched into the spring plate face the motor if I remember correctly.
    Correct. Mine are facing out.

Post Thanks / Like

Line them up with the sway bar end links!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it shoudlnt be bad. I plan to try putting the spring compressors on while the shocks are still on the car and loosening them just enough to twist the spring and top cap. With the car in the air, of course.