Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tell me if this makes any sense

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so what I've come up with is this...your ecm will initially see the car running lean using a fuel with a higher alcohol content...this will cause the car to add fuel....so when I saw my LTFT go a lot more negative, I was apparently running fuel with less alcohol content.

pretty good info in this thread..

http://forums.evolutionm.net/engine-...5-ethanol.html

so I think after reading this, the point is to stick with a fuel, and have your car tuned using that fuel. Correct me if I'm wrong Charlie.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like I should stop using the cheapest and being such a tight-wade! lol..
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    (wouldn't it be logical to start with X, and then mention Y? ) haha

Embrace your Inner Geek !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Grandmacpubah,

I too have a dash hawk and would like to try this out with some different fuels. Not real versed on the use of the dash hawk so can you tell me what setting you have to read fuel trim levels? I still don't know what all the different reading is all about. I use my hawk mostly to clear codes and the occasional 1/4 run. Are there other readings that you like to keep an eye on?
    Also what I'm getting here is the lower the numbers the better the fuel. Yes or No?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grandmacpubah View Post

I've been reading about WRX people who have run E85 and have to raise their fuel trims to the max to get it to work, so it seems more alcohol requires a higher fuel trim.
    I am member over on NASIOC. Have a 20 PSI tdo4 car out front (faster then the G8- for now). A trend on e85 is an interesting read for Subys. Guys have been making more power on e85 then methanol injection. OEM WRX injectors and pump need aftermarket parts- so you can run a lot more fuel on e85. Add a wideband and some tuning and the little 2 liters are stump pullers. Sorry to jack.
    2009.5 G8 GT White Hot, Cortex, X-Pipe, Volant 1 7/8 Mids
    2003 WRX Wagon w/ stage 3 PNP and coated tuned by yours truly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Fuel is very tricky. You have summer blends (burns slower), winter blends (burns faster). This factor causes some drivability issues in cars when spring comes. From my findings Shell has the highest ethanol content. This varies state to state as certain areas mandate X amount of it in the fuels. I only use Exxon 93. When I was in Georgia I only used BP 93.
    Agree on the Exxon 93. Used to be a Chevron/Texaco guy until you mentioned that Exxon has the better summer blend. This became readily apparent with the Superchips tune, seems to like Exxon 93 the best.

Post Thanks / Like

BP (amoco) is the only fuel that "acts right" in my vehicle. I've sent Charlie pictures of the deposits on my plugs from other brands... it wasn't good. The crappy part is I have 3 stations near my home I will use now. and the closest BP/Amoco is clear across town
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Post Thanks / Like

I need Texaco or BP.
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss BP! Exxon is great, but my Mustang loved BP. There was a noticable difference. I too used Texaco in my Buick, but when they and Shell became one, my cars ran like ASS in the summer months.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BP is all I used when I lived in Milwaukee...they are hard to find in seattle. The whole fuel thing is really interesting and how it affects your car. I know that sounds stupid and obvious, but I think most people just fill up and don't think twice about the fuel, but it has a huge impact on the car.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune