Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribute to a great man

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tribute to a great man

Today at 8:05pm I lost my Dad. He was 64. They dont know what happened yet, but I was there from 9:30am. I never got to speak to him, but he knew I was there. July 30th would have been my parents 45th anniversary. My Mom is beyond lost.

I knew this day would come and was my biggest reason for returning to Texas. These past 2 years have been great. In the past we had a lot of issues as most fathers and sons do, but I knew before he passed how much he loved me and respected me.

I am who I am today because of him. He pushed me harder then one should, but my life is so easy now. I always found myself thanking him over the phone when I would create some trick new project or when he would make his regular trips by the shop.

He was misunderstood by many in life. Those that got a chance to know him respected who he was and how he was because that was just how Charlie Sr was. Like it or leave it. I guess thats why I am a Jr.

The pain for me has yet to begin. I have to be strong for my Mom. I dread opening my garage door and seeing his Vette that I bought and planned on restoring for his 65th birthday. My 03 Mach 1 and the G8 were both tributes to him for teaching me so much. I guess in a way this site is yet another. He always told me to let the world see what I can do and who I am and so many of you confirmed what he had been telling me for so long.

I know you will always be with me, but I am sure gonna miss you Dad.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss Charlie. I can tell he meant a lot to you. As a son and a dad I can't imagine what you are going through. We're here for you.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss Charlie. My condolences to your family.
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your family's loss Charlie. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless.

best car i ever had. sold the car to buy a garage.
    new daily driver? silver nissan sentra. new headliner mod, custom dent in the fender... but hey, it's been getting 35 m.p.g. since '97.

...and i don't need to worry about many of these anymore

follow me @ http://twitter.com/#!/kickitsimple

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your loss Charlie. Our words can never be enough consolation but I am sure he is as proud of you as you are of him. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family
    09 G8 GT - Maverick Silver Metallic
    Love the car, hate the electronics

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss. For what it's worth, all of us on this board thank your father for teaching you so much. I hope to one day be a good teacherfor my son. We all support you.

LSX 427 + TVS 2300= ???

BY DEMON8 BE DRIVEN

www.demon8designs.com PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your lost. Always cherish the good memories and the laughter he may have brought to you and others in your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for you loss Charlie. Keep your head up and stay strong for your mother. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Can't move out its own way- idk what number motor its on, how much boost, how big of a shot, its starts, im happy.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. This site has become like a family in many ways in the past year.

In the next few weeks I will be going through pics of all of his rides, he had a LOT of them and posting them in this thread. He would have liked that.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you Charlie. Hang in there and cherish the memories.
    Best Regards.
    C.P.