Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Ahhhh Crap!!! Need help Please!!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhhh Crap!!! Need help Please!!

Hey all
    So I was packing the car and the trailer for my track day next week, so early because I am going to Chicago tomorrow for the weekend for a wedding but I ran into a huge problem. I can not find the wiring harness for the trailer brake lights. In the manual it say its in the drivers side corner in the trunk and I can't find it!! Any one know where it is and how it looks like??
    Gone...Goodbye..It been fun and expensive!!

Post Thanks / Like

Misleading, isn't it?

There isn't a trailer connector there - what is there is the wiring harness that you can use when you install an aftermarket trailer wiring connector.

I've looked on both sides and never found a connector.

Here is what the owners manual says:

All of the electrical circuits required for your trailer lighting system can be accessed at the driver’s side rear lamp connector. This connector is located under the carpet on
    the rear corner of the trunk compartment.
    2008 MGM G8 GT - #615 of 888 - Premium/Sport - 12.6 @ 111 on stock tires

SHOW - Chromed Stock 19" Wheels - Color Matched Splash Guards - Debadged - G8 Tail Lights - GXP Diffuser - Painted Calipers - Red S/S Engine Bolt Kit - Under Hood Lights - too much Zaino
    GO - ARH Long Tube Headers / Midpipes - Billet Catch Can - BMR Front / Rear Swaybars - Camaro 3.45 diff - Custom non-DOD Cam and Valvetrain - Homegrown PCM / TCM Tuning - K&N Filter - Pedders 'Fruit' Suspension - Red Yella Terra Intake - Stealth Airbox
    ALSO - DashHawk 5.1 - Full Slide Passenger Seat - Infinity / Kicker / MTX Audio - LED Interior /Glovebox / Console Lights - Rear Remote Trunk Release

Post Thanks / Like

What it probably means is there is a location you can plug in trailer light harness and not have to splice any wires.

If you own a truck (sounds like you don't because you want to use a G8 to tow with), most of the late models have a connector that you can plug into with out cutting any wires or losing any of your tail lights on the vehicle. You simply plug in your pig tail and it sends juice to the trailer lights without hacking your harness.

You will probably need to make a trip to Advance, Autozone, or who ever and go buy a a pig tail that will allow you to plug into it. You will need one specific to your car. Hoppy or Reese are decent brands to use. If neither of those places have it then you can see if a RV/Trailer (a U-haul dealer is another place to look)dealer might have it but be prepared to get stuck a little they will be significantly more expensive than a parts store. Why, because RV places are all more expensive because they can be.

Good luck.
    69Project
    2009 G8 GXP
    Liquid Red 6M

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the kind that has crimps that just crimp on the wires so you don't need to cut them. Seemed to work ok (pre- G8)