Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Sucking" sound after catch can install?

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ________________ _
    '08 G8... Panther Black
    Premium & Sport Pkg.- 7/08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    Or you could just use one of these from ebay. I got one and used different hose and it works fine. I also had to make sure it was sealed. Mine was $16 shipped so it went up a bit.

Ebay Catch Can
    How did you mount this? And you mentioned making sure it was sealed. It doesn't look like this one would have the same seal issues as the DIY kit so could you elaborate on that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    This is somewhat normal. As long as you have no check engine light you are OK.

I set mine up this evening... I am not getting any noticable sound from the can itself, but it seems like I can actually hear the air in the tube running from the valve to the can... I am using a hose clamp on the hose at the valve, and have it pushed onto a 3/8s barb at the can. I tried locating a leak, but the sound kindof eminates from the whole hose itself.

Is this "sound" normal? It didn't throw any CELs or anything...

And to be clear... the air flow is from the back of the block to the front... from the rear of the intake manifold to the barb underneath the throttle body... correct?
    Last edited by STL_G8GT; 07-07-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    I set mine up this evening... I am not getting any noticable sound from the can itself, but it seems like I can actually hear the air in the tube running from the valve to the can... I am using a hose clamp on the hose at the valve, and have it pushed onto a 3/8s barb at the can. I tried locating a leak, but the sound kindof eminates from the whole hose itself.

Is this "sound" normal? It didn't throw any CELs or anything...

And to be clear... the air flow is from the back of the block to the front... from the rear of the intake manifold to the barb underneath the throttle body... correct?
    The sound is normal as mine does it too.
    2008 White Hot G8 GT - SOLD
    Power: 430 LS3, Vararam, ARH 1 7/8 LTs w/ Magnaflow Axleback, Patrick G. Tune
    Looks: 6000k HIDs, 19" Sport wheels
    Suspension: BMR Rear Trailing Arms, Subframe Bushings, and Toe Rods, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, H&R Sport Springs
    423/406

Current - BMW 2007 335i

Post Thanks / Like

K thanks...

And FYI - I ran the hose over the back of the engine, and secured the catch can to the plastic pice that secures the metal brake lines to the side of the engine bay.

I'll continue to monitor this but it's snug, not over-tight, and it doesn't clutter up the bay!