Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRR8 Recipes

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1/2 EASY!!! My wife wants me to go to this place that has a 72oz steak!! If you eat it and the sides its free. I think I might just wait until my years are more limited then they are currently. I like 28-32oz with 3 sides and bread/salad plus an appetizer. Then its nap time!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

72 ounce + sides?
    Been there. Done that.
    Not the same place I'm sure, but there are
    a bunch of places like that around the country.

Other personal bests:
    153 Chicken wings.
    144 X-Large fried shrimp.
    14 Lobsters.

Not all at the same time though.
    Last edited by caretaker; 09-18-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    2008 IOM G8 GT
    MODS: OPG CAI
    PYPES Violator axle backs
    Auterra Dash Dyno SPO
    SuperChips Cortex
    Tint - 5% rear - 35% sides

Post Thanks / Like

How did I know that.

See, I like sides for some reason. I use to go to this place that had killer sides and peach cobbler. I would get 7 sides and a large peach cobbler. I ate there at least once a week and other then the 1st time I ate there, never ate meat while I was there. They did this thing where they took a bowl of dirty rice and put a huge scoop of gumbo in the middle of it. WOW!!!

My order was this..EVERYTIME!

Dirty rice with gumbo
    Fried corn
    Fried okra
    onion rings
    potato salad
    BBQ beans
    Garlic cheese bread
    and
    Peach cobbler

For some reason I never felt like doing shit when I got back to work.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I had something like the dirty rice and gumbo
    once in Dallas. There were a few other things
    thrown in, and they called it a Mud Bowl. DELICIOUS!

Now with all this talk about food I'm getting HUNGRY!
    I just got home from the NSA in Baltimore a couple hours ago
    and haven't had anything since lunch.
    Think I'll fry up a pound of bacon and a dozen eggs.
    That should hold me til breakfast.
    2008 IOM G8 GT
    MODS: OPG CAI
    PYPES Violator axle backs
    Auterra Dash Dyno SPO
    SuperChips Cortex
    Tint - 5% rear - 35% sides

Post Thanks / Like

Uh....that pizza-burger monstrosity is causing my arteries to audibly close up just from looking at it.

Ok, winter (for some of us) is coming soon. Here is a high-protein, very heavy alternative to chili for people who want something a little different. I've never had a bad response to this from the 100's of people who've tried it.

Hunters Stew

1 pkg (horseshoe) of Smoked Sausage - Beef
    1lb Ground Beef
    1 Family size can of Bush's Original baked beans
    Ketchup
    Mustard
    Maple Syrup
    Ground Pepper

Put beans in a stock pot, add a 1/2 tblsp of ground pepper, and add a healthy squirt of
    -Mustard
    -Ketchup
    -Maple syrup

Simmer, stir periodically.

Brown the burger (chunky, like you do for spaghetti)

While browning the burger, cut the sausage into coins.

Drain burger-fat and dump in with the beans, mix it well, continue simmering.

Cook the sausage coins up, letting them brown only slightly.

Dump sausage and the grease/oil from it in with the other stuff. Mix well.

Grab some good french bread or whatever, a bowl of this stuff, and enjoy.

-Feeds 4, or 2-3 if you are a piglet.

*If you want to thin it out a little more, add another 15oz can of beans.

I usually make a double batch, with 2lbs of beef, 2 things of sausage, 3 family can of beans.

This stuff is even really good reheated. Add a splash of water to a bowl to get it to thin out a tad.
    09 SBM GT P&S SOLD!

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ULOSE View Post

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about it....

Last edited by TrUcKeR; 09-19-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    09 SBM GT P&S SOLD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrUcKeR View Post
    Uh....that pizza-burger monstrosity is causing my arteries to audibly close up just from looking at it.

Ok, winter (for some of us) is coming soon. Here is a high-protein, very heavy alternative to chili for people who want something a little different. I've never had a bad response to this from the 100's of people who've tried it.

Hunters Stew

1 pkg (horseshoe) of Smoked Sausage - Beef
    1lb Ground Beef
    1 Family size can of Bush's Original baked beans
    Ketchup
    Mustard
    Maple Syrup
    Ground Pepper

Put beans in a stock pot, add a 1/2 tblsp of ground pepper, and add a healthy squirt of
    -Mustard
    -Ketchup
    -Maple syrup

Simmer, stir periodically.

Brown the burger (chunky, like you do for spaghetti)

While browning the burger, cut the sausage into coins.

Drain burger-fat and dump in with the beans, mix it well, continue simmering.

Cook the sausage coins up, letting them brown only slightly.

Dump sausage and the grease/oil from it in with the other stuff. Mix well.

Grab some good french bread or whatever, a bowl of this stuff, and enjoy.

-Feeds 4, or 2-3 if you are a piglet.

*If you want to thin it out a little more, add another 15oz can of beans.

I usually make a double batch, with 2lbs of beef, 2 things of sausage, 3 family can of beans.

This stuff is even really good reheated. Add a splash of water to a bowl to get it to thin out a tad.
    Great recipe! The variant I've had used ground pork loin and venison sausage, ground white pepper instead of black. Heaven on earth...
    2009.5 MSM/Onyx G8 GT premium/sport/sunroof
    Wrenched and tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning in Cedar Park, TX USA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    I really don't know why its called cake, but this shit will rock your world. Wendy makes them single servings too.

CRUST:

1 c. flour
    1 stick butter
    1/2 c. chopped pecans

Bake 20 minutes in 350 degree oven in an 8x8 pan. You can adjust this fslightly for a 13X9 pan size. Allow to cool for about 30 min.

FILLING:
    1 Package of Confectioner's Sugar
    1 Bag of Coconut
    1 Package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    2 Small Packages of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
    3 Cups of Whole Milk

TOPPING:
    1 container of Cool Whip
    1 Big block Hershey bar for shavings

Take 1 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar and entire package of cream cheese, cream together mixture and spread evenly over the cooled pecan crust. Sprinkle that with coconut, a lot or a little to your own tastes.

Blend together two small (or one large) package(s) of instant chocolate pudding with three cups of COLD whole milk. Do not have the milk out until you are on this step. Follow directions on package for the approximate time for blending milk and instant pudding mix. When this is complete, pour chocolate pudding layer over cream cheese/sugar/coconut layer. Top entire thing with Cool Whip, sprinkle more coconut atop the Cool Whip if you desire, and add a layer of chocolate shavings. I use a carrot peeler to shave the candy bar. Cover with plastic wrap, place in refrigerator to harden for about an hour (more is fine). Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
    OMG!! my mom made this all the time when I was a kid and now the wife makes it. I could eat the whole pan in one sitting.

Post Thanks / Like

That shit is CRAZY good! Highly addictive.