Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 G8 GT Alignment specs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    It can. All of it is adjustable though.
    Ray, some time in the near future I am planning to replace stock springs with lowering ones. Do I get the shop to re-align to these specs when the car is lowered?
    2009 PBM G8 GT w/premium and sport
    Appearance Mods:
    19-inch VMR VB3 (CSL) matte black staggered 8.5(front), 9.5 (rear)
    Black mouldings
    GXP diffuser
    Debadge
    Holden VE front conversion

Performance Mods:
    NEP OTR Intake
    VMS ECM/TCM Tune

Misc. Mods:
    Homelink visor

Post Thanks / Like

Are the alignment specs different for the Base Sedan V6? I only ask as both the GT and the V6 ride on the F2 suspension. However, the weight of the V8 and the 19" wheels may affect the specs or at least I think. If there is a difference could you please direct me to the appropriate site or post the specs. Thank you very much.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lgtitan View Post
    Ray, some time in the near future I am planning to replace stock springs with lowering ones. Do I get the shop to re-align to these specs when the car is lowered?
    Yes. The camber may be off depending on how much you drop it. Since the struts are coming out, you will want to realign anyway.
    Get the caster washers from Pedders and add a little more caster. You'll love the steering. Radius rod bushes would be a great step too.

BTW, I'll be in Chino on Monday and Wednesday of next week. Can't wait to go home again.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Yes. The camber may be off depending on how much you drop it. Since the struts are coming out, you will want to realign anyway.
    Get the caster washers from Pedders and add a little more caster. You'll love the steering. Radius rod bushes would be a great step too.

BTW, I'll be in Chino on Monday and Wednesday of next week. Can't wait to go home again.
    Thanks Ray and welcome home! Are you settling back in Chino when you start working at JPL?
    2009 PBM G8 GT w/premium and sport
    Appearance Mods:
    19-inch VMR VB3 (CSL) matte black staggered 8.5(front), 9.5 (rear)
    Black mouldings
    GXP diffuser
    Debadge
    Holden VE front conversion

Performance Mods:
    NEP OTR Intake
    VMS ECM/TCM Tune

Misc. Mods:
    Homelink visor

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's only a couple days. I also will be working in the office in Industry for a couple days. Have friends and family to visit with. Kids are in Covina/Baldwin Park, Mom is in Hemet. Sister is in La Verne.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Alignment done today using Pedders Washers. Slight drift to left corrected. Now major, major pull to right. Alignment will be redone Monday to the original specs. Anyone have any ideas?

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Alignment done today using Pedders Washers. Slight drift to left corrected. Now major, major pull to right. Alignment will be redone Monday to the original specs. Anyone have any ideas?
    Did they use the specs posted here? The only reason I ask is the ones on the sheet my dealership handed me are totally different specs. My car is tracking fine, but the damn steering wheel is so far off to the right it's annoying. I'm planning on having it straightened tomorrow and they will be using my specs. Can they do the steering wheel without doing the alignment? why did they use the Pedders washers, was there something wrong with your OEM washers?

Post Thanks / Like

Virus, specs were same as posted here. (Alignment results are posted on Charlies Area) No idea why the Pedders were needed other than the way they were designed. Monday the car will be realigned and I am taking the Tech with me on a drive. He said if anything he will reset to original alignment. Needless to say my steering wheel is slightly off centered to the left. They will have two more shots and then I will file under the Lemon Law. I am at the point that no one really knows what is and what is not fucked up on the G-8 suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

If the steering wheel is off it means that the tech has adjusted the toe most likely. He now needs to adjust the steering link to recenter the steering wheel.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your frustration. My car with 41 miles on the dial had the front strut bearing assemblies replaced, the driver side motor mount replaced, the exhaust replaced and the lower control arms replaced. 17 days out of the first 33 trying to find the cause of the creaks. The service manager said that GM will not reimburse for tire balancing because GM vehicles have been sitting on the lots and it's the dealers responsibility to move the cars around so they don't develop flat spots. They told me to take it to the place that I bought it from to have the tires balanced. I drove over an hour away to the dealer I bought it from and after them having the car in they shop for 3 hours, they came back and said the tires had the wrong pressure. I told them I adjusted the pressure to 36 front 39 rear and validated it using two different tire gauges earlier that morning. I suggested that the 85 degree temp and the 60 mile drive is why they are high. They insisted the adjusted tire pressure values fixed the vibration. The next morning tire pressure was 5psi too low in each tire :-( So today I am paying a local shop $88 to RF balance the tires. Well worth the price if it's fixed. I don't think it's the tires though because it seems to come and go for no good reason. I can't even peg it down to any particular circumstance. Could it be the AFM?