Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st insurance claim......

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    Well I surely don't plan on driving it anywhere with the back windshield out. Apparently, while heading over to my wife's G-Ma's house, it caved inwards and essentially all the thousands of pieces came into the rear seat, so that'll take forever to fully clean up.

My IROC was broken into, and two years after that, I would still occasionally find little shards of glass, so I'm not real thrilled about that possibility seeing as my daughter is always gonna be back there.
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104
    Take the seats out of the car (all of them). That's the only way to get all of the glass out.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea that was my first thought is that I would have to pull the seats. The shop were taking it to for repairs, I know the manager from the local Trans Am car club, so I'm going to ask him if they could do it w/o the tab getting too high.
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Post Thanks / Like

I totaly feel your pain, and then some.
    Around a week and a half ago I was caught in a surprise hail storm. Golfball size + 60 mph winds. When I left work it was 88 and mostly blue skies. In the midst of the storm, the temp read 41*.
    It took out the whole back window, cracked the hell out of the windshield, dented every metal panel, pillars, roof rails, busted out the taillights, hood, hood grills, trunk, side view mirrors, etc. The only things that weren't damaged were the side glass, headlights, bumpers, side marker lights, and front grills. Like you said, the interior was full of glass, including my back.
    Believe it or not, they didn't total it, in fact it's in the shop right now. 14K worth of repairs, so far.
    My 6 year old son's car seat even had the seat bottom blasted out in a couple places. Praise God he wasn't with me at the time.
    I'm sorry to hear it got both of your fine cars. I hope they get them fixed nicely and in a timely manor.
    2008 G8GT, Panther Black
    Mods: Pat G Spec'd Cam, PAC 1518 Springs, Trick Flow 7.4 Hardened Pushrods, Pace DoD Delete Kit, Comp Trunion Upgrade, GRRRR8 Heater Hose Relocation Kit,
    ARH 1 7/8" Long Tubes Cats & Exhaust, Spectre CAI, Pat G Dyno Tune
    412hp/396tq at the wheels

Best 1/4 Stock: 13.6 @ 102
    Best 1/4 Modded: 12.49

2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Gray, Two-tone Leather Interior, Sunroof, Bremmer Wheels,
    Her Best To Date: 14.0278 @ 101.49 w/ a .0598 R/T!
    New R/T Best of .0005 2/22/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this...

I know you're a moderator but I feel inclined to tell you that you can't post about these horrible things without having pictures. lol

Hope it all comes out OK. The dent magicians are really good at some of the softer dents so make sure you try using them for the lighter ones if you can. It'll save you some money.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I'll adhere to the strict code of the moderators...... that is tomorrow once I actually get the car here. We met the adjuster today, and after his assessment, we're getting a new hood, roof, trunk, both passenger doors w/ trims, front grills, back window, and the passenger fender. Just PDR on the whole driver's side. Total damage came to $7989 so basically 8k, so nowhere near the extent of yours, RamJet!

It goes to the shop tomorrow, and I give my word I'll post up the aftermath.

I did search through the boards and ebay and found a couple of hoods, trunks, etc, but after shipping and everything it would'nt be beneficial to go that way so I guess I'm just gonna let the shop do their work, seeing as now a days, they base their estimates of the insurance companies claim, so the consumer doesn't end up making money anymore I guess. Oh well though, as long as the car gets fixed I don't care!

What sucks is, within the past 3 days, in my two tiny towns NE of Amarillo I live in and frequent so much, I've seen 6, yes 6, G8s! It's making me sick!!!!

On top of that, I found out it was my oil pump failing in my TA, and on my way to get it checked with a manual pressure checker I found out the hard way it wasn't my sending unit, so bye bye bearings! Time for a H/C/I 6.0 now!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here ya go! Pics don't really do justice on the hail damage, and the dirt doesn't help either, but if you see one ding in a pic, just imagine a whole lot more around it!

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is just incredible how much damage it caused. I guess its no different then if you threw baseballs at it. Any estimates on damage yet?
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Look up Charlie, post before the pics first paragraph. Est damage was $8k, -$500 deduct.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    Look up Charlie, post before the pics first paragraph. Est damage was $8k, -$500 deduct.
    You know I dont read, I likes pictures! lol
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Me too!

I'm about to drop it off at the body shop, so in about a month it'll be as good as new, with a bad CarFax!