Thread: Texas Tuners and Speed Shops

Post Thanks / Like

SNL Performance LSx (Ft. Worth)

Post Thanks / Like

Houston

Late Model Racecraft
    Strictly Performance

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there one in Alvin or is that the Pearland location?
    2008 White Hot G8 GT - SOLD
    Power: 430 LS3, Vararam, ARH 1 7/8 LTs w/ Magnaflow Axleback, Patrick G. Tune
    Looks: 6000k HIDs, 19" Sport wheels
    Suspension: BMR Rear Trailing Arms, Subframe Bushings, and Toe Rods, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, H&R Sport Springs
    423/406

Current - BMW 2007 335i

Post Thanks / Like

Not a speed shop, but a great shop for the T56.
    Texas Drivetrain Performance, Ft. Worth
    2000 Camaro SS
    2009 G8 GXP

Post Thanks / Like

Strictly Performance prides itself in being a ford tuner. Sure you can go there I'm sure if you're a paying customer. Just saying, I remember when I had my Toyota x runner and I went to MTI for a baseline dyno. Lmao, it was so embarrassing bringing my v6 there with all those nice cars...vipers..corvettes...but I missed that place...I heard the tuner there was the best in the area at the time...where did he go? hmmm

Post Thanks / Like

I e-mailed Icon Autosports...they peaked my interest after learning they took over MTI....I was quoted $450 for a custom wide band dyno tune...thats actually very reasonable! Gonna check them out

Post Thanks / Like

So did Icon take over MTIs cam sales as well? I've been trying to find out a price on either their X1 or Stealth II cam for a friend, but to no avail. Maybe I'll just call up Icon and ask them.
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    So did Icon take over MTIs cam sales as well? I've been trying to find out a price on either their X1 or Stealth II cam for a friend, but to no avail. Maybe I'll just call up Icon and ask them.
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

We can spec you out a custom cam for your G8 GT. Just give us a call or send me an email.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with tuners: If you are "self-directing" them as to upgrades, most of 'em will do pretty good work. If you develop a problem, post modification, and you're looking to them for "diagnostic" help; you're in deep hoopla!

Bottom line: (and I say this never having worked with the "mod master"; Charlie) When you get anywhere past the typical intake, exhaust and tune (forced induction, cams, etc.) you are truly "rolling the dice". If you realize this and are still comfortable with it you a. definitely have more money than I do and b. have a much milder reaction to breaking stuff than I do!

Just my opinion!
    Last edited by LastMohican; 08-14-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
    Aqua Minerale Blue

Coming:

ARK Catback Exhaust
    AEM Intake

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Basic mods are no worries. Mild cams and small TQ converters are no worries. Bottom line: Anything can fail. Even at a bone stock level. Believe me, I see it all the time. Serious modding is not for the meek by any means. For the people like myself.........THATS JUST HOW WE ROLL!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G