Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G8 GXP Officially has 415 HP/Ft-Lb

Post Thanks / Like

Default G8 GXP Officially has 415 HP/Ft-Lb

The 2009 Pontiac GXP has officially been rated at 415 horsepower and 415 ft-lb of torque!

Source: Autoblog.com

Link includes SAE graph.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is gonna be an awesome ride. I cant wait for a cocky new owner to run across one of us in a highly modded G8. Wont they be shocked!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I hate to say it like this, but I was kinda hoping that you'd get more than just 50 more hp/tq. I mean, an intake tube, headers, and pulley is enough to make up that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    That is gonna be an awesome ride. I cant wait for a cocky new owner to run across one of us in a highly modded G8. Wont they be shocked!
    I guess I will be one of those cocky owners but one that's not stupid enough to run a stock GXP against ITBFAST !! I highly doubt it will be stock for long though, I hear the someone on this forum will be able to help me out in that department I still look forward to meeting you and maybe you will even take me for a ride in your beast !!

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be glad to help you make it fast and get you that ride in mine!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

So, can anyone here tell me, that same site has figures for the G8 GT L76 showing 361HP/385Torque as "preliminary", do we expect the same bump in HP/Torque when it is "certified"? Curious minds want to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Yea they will. Looking forward to that myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn it! Should have waited. Now when everyone see's my car, they go "O GXP???!!!" They look and go "oh no it's just a GT." and they leavev. N' people are nagging me to trade it in for a GXP. Not going to of course, I LOVE my car N' now am emotionally attached to it. I'll just have to mod up hehehe.

All around good guy but prefer warm Louisiana Mississippi Florida coast.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool!

That’s one more than the BMW M3 V-8 series for 54k I was looking at. Now if we could just get in dash NAV…
    Regards,

EC-Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EC-Ryder View Post
    Cool!

That’s one more than the BMW M3 V-8 series for 54k I was looking at. Now if we could just get in dash NAV…
    I guess you're aware that in dash nav which uses the 7 inch screen is available in OZ in the Commodore range. You can buy it as an aftermarket fit in OZ but it's prohibitively expensive. There must be a compatible GPS unit somewhere on the market.

Just had a look on the web and this turned up....

Custom navigation system for VE Commodore from Siemens

Siemens VDO’s worldwide experience as a major supplier of instrumentation, electronics and infotainment systems has been used to great effect to develop a custom navigation system for the recently released Holden VE Commodore vehicles which feature the premium colour screens.

Aesthetically, the system complements the vehicle’s console and cockpit with its fully integrated screen interface solution. Using a good algorithm, the software developers have produced a high speed unit which allows the screen to be activated in seconds with the receiver for the GPS satellites more sensitive.

Routes can be calculated on the navigation system instantly, even through several states. In a situation where the driver deviates from the planned route for any reason, the system provides an alternative route within seconds.

Activated by the display screen’s navigation route button, the picture comes up instantly and is them controlled by a fully functional remote control via an infra-red sensor.

A major feature of the new system is the provision of the Australia-wide mapping Version 13 from the Sensis Whereis database on just one SD card. This provides a vast road network and over 300,000 points of interest along the way. Importantly the map can be easily upgraded as later versions are released.

A compact SD card drive navigation computer supports the system and this fits neatly into the glove box compartment taking little space due to its small size.

The system can support an optional upgrade to suit multi-media products such as DVD, TV, reverse camera and play station via the MI 2300HD Multi-media module.

The system is tailored specifically to suit certain models of the VE Commodore. There is a nominal time required for installation which is an extra service available from professional Siemens VDO service agents.

20-Mar-2007
    Last edited by KarlinOZ; 09-24-2008 at 04:50 AM.