Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G8 Oil Change Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
    Just got notification that my order shipped today. For some reason, I thought I paid like $75 for the oil, plus $10 for the K&N filter, plus $10 shipping. Then, I see that the whole thing cost just $74!

When you look up the word "deal" in the dictionary, there's a big stack of RP oil and Greg's face above it!
    If you want I can bang your card for an extra 10
    Thanks for the support everyone!
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
    Yeah it's a sweet deal that I'm sure after break in I will be taking advantage of. They sell it locally at Auto-Zone but it cost more than through Greg. I guess like everything else, if I need it asap I will get it at AZ.
    Thats what is nice about oil changes, there is no such thing as ASAP. You know it has to be done so you order it whenever.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Box-O-Oil yesterday. NICE!

Greg, I'm assuming you won't complain if I buy this package from you for my Trans Am, too? I don't quite need 9 quarts, but I know how to put extra few bottles on the shelf for later!

Can I possibly substitute another kind of oil? I like to run either XPR 5W30 or the straight SAE 30 in the Trans Am.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Box-O-Oil yesterday. NICE!

Greg, I'm assuming you won't complain if I buy this package from you for my Trans Am, too? I don't quite need 9 quarts, but I know how to put extra few bottles on the shelf for later!

Can I possibly substitute another kind of oil? I like to run either XPR 5W30 or the straight SAE 30 in the Trans Am.
    I can do straight 30 for the same price but I am not sure what the XPR is. Royal purple sells a racing 5w30 oil called Racing 21 but it is twice the cost of the standard 5w30.

If you want to sub in the straight 30 weight that would not be a problem just make a note on the order. Your T/A also takes a different filter but I am sure you knew that. GM changed the oil filter thread on the '07 + LS engines I am pretty sure.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably run the straight 30. No need for dual viscosities.

I don't know what RP does sometimes. I've found the XPR a few times, and it's on their website. But, it's always hard to find. It's probably the same as their Racing 21, I guess.

Actually, I didn't know it was a different filter. That's good info.

FYI - there is a difference between good filters and bad filters. Just before last race, I changed my oil and decided to "make do" with an off-the-shelf filter from Auto Zone (the orange one). Well, a few months later, and I see a nice puddle of oil under the car. It's coming from the oil filter where it seals against the engine.

Moral of the story? Spend the extra couple of dollars for the K&N - never had a problem with those.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably run the straight 30. No need for dual viscosities.

I don't know what RP does sometimes. I've found the XPR a few times, and it's on their website. But, it's always hard to find. It's probably the same as their Racing 21, I guess.

Actually, I didn't know it was a different filter. That's good info.

FYI - there is a difference between good filters and bad filters. Just before last race, I changed my oil and decided to "make do" with an off-the-shelf filter from Auto Zone (the orange one). Well, a few months later, and I see a nice puddle of oil under the car. It's coming from the oil filter where it seals against the engine.

Moral of the story? Spend the extra couple of dollars for the K&N - never had a problem with those.
    Yeah FRAM is $hit! K&N and Mobil 1 filters are both made by Champion Labs. See my oil thread for more info!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of filters. GM/AC delco has come up with a new filter for the LS9 engine. It is said to have a thicker shell to prevent bulging.

Yes! I checked on the Royal Purple website and found the part number for the XPR oil and it is the Racing 21 oil.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Greg...

How about a kit for replacing the diff fluid with R/P??? Not sure if the diff cover has to come off or not but would be nice to have some of that too.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

GM recommends 1.25L or 1.32qt of 92184900 @ $26.66 a liter.
    I will see what I can dig up.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you have to use something special back there. I remember when i swapped in a T2R into my Trans Am that all kinds of people said that:

- you shouldn't run a full synthetic because it was too slippery
    - you had to run an additive to reduce gear whine
    - the additive didn't help with gear whine, it was the fluid itself
    - you had to run GM fluid because it was special

Basically, all kinds of crazy stuff. I ended up running whatever the Mobil 1 stuff was, with no additive.

Are there any special requirements for these rearends?