Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offset Issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Offset Issues?

Is there going to be issues with running a 19x8 wheel front and rear with the stock tires and 35mm offsets?

Post Thanks / Like

These are the Wheels I'm looking to run.

2009 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2011 L9H 6.2L Silverado 1500
    2000 Ford RangeKrawler Project Truck

Post Thanks / Like

I have 20x8 and a 35mm offset and no issues. Well, at least until I lowered my car with the Pedder Track II springs. Still no issues in the rear but I do hear some thumps in the front on hard bumps. I should have replaced the strut mounts and dampers along with the springs...I think that would have kept that from happening.
    2008 G8GT, Panther Black, 20"Breyton Race GTS, Pedder Track II Springs, 35% tint, a touch of Carbon Fiber Dash Stick-On, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Roto-Fab CAI, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, VMS tune, and GRRRR8 hood scoop & lower panel mods

Post Thanks / Like

I like the rear, but up front I had to double take to make sure it wasnt a stock steel wheel...

Maybe the same wheel in like a gunmetal? or maybe a flat black...

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

THOSE are awesome wheels and VERY light which you'll love. Just make sure they can handle the crappy streets the U.S. has now.

I am with Andy. Gunmetal would look better IMO. Not sure why but black gets lost on the G8. It's a more upscale car I guess.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can find them in is Silver and Black, and the silver doenst look as nice. The major reason for going with these rims is the fact that they are so light, I just dont understand how people buy these cars for the power then kill their performance with a heavy set of wheels.
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

well, we can help you if you want some HRE wheels

http://www.hrewheels.com/

http://www.hrewheels.com/finishes.html

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post

Or just buy another G8 for the same price...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

hey, I thought everyone can shell out 10k on a set of wheels

Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post

400 a wheel is almost more then I want to spend, so I think the HRE's are a little out of my range. lol
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT