Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My version of the LP mod...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastg8mi View Post
    any one no this part number...................damn it
    awww man, that wasnt the post i wanted to see!

best car i ever had. sold the car to buy a garage.
    new daily driver? silver nissan sentra. new headliner mod, custom dent in the fender... but hey, it's been getting 35 m.p.g. since '97.

...and i don't need to worry about many of these anymore

follow me @ http://twitter.com/#!/kickitsimple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
    i tugged on the front piece yesterday and the whole bumper was flexing so I stopped. Any easy way to remove that bottom plastic grille besides pulling?
    The jpg below shows the tabs on the back the lower grille that hold it in place. If your fingers are long enough, you can insert them through the honeycomb and release most of the tabs to reduce the removal force. The tabs are rather springy, so I pop them loose one-at-a-time. When reinserting the grille, I use a flashlight and fingers to verify that all the tabs pop back into place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 G8 GT, premium, sport, sport red metallic
    Roto-Fab CAI
    MagnaFlow 16887 Street Series cat-back
    Superchips Cortex: RotoFab 91 Octane, 25% TM, AFM off
    and splash guards (that look better than dirt)

Post Thanks / Like

halfway through pulling it off, it cracked on the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the part number but they are listed on GM parts direct for $36 and some change.

I thought about ordering another one just in case but everything worked out perfect.
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    Maggie 1900, 3.1" pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab intake, Solo Axlebacks w/ X-pipe

Formerly Known as Nikeair042 VENOM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I PLEASE mail these to someone who has cut the back off? I just tried doing it myself with a small saw and it was not working out well. I dont have the proper equipment and I would be willing to pay shipping both ways and any other money you would want to get this thing functional.

Just PM me
    2008 LR G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

I did this about two weeks ago using a dremmel to start all the way around then a little hand saw the rest of the way. Man not fun with just a hand saw, but I was victorious in the end took about 35 minutes all said and done. I currently have my HSRK sensor down there zip tied to the line coming out of the radiator so the sensor is in the path of the incoming air.
    Tate
    08 G8 GT: RCR Heads, Intake manifold, throttle body, 219/232 .625/.599 109LSA, LS7 MAF, Rotofab, Kooks LTs and catted X-pipe, Solo axle backs, RCR ECM/TCM tune, Free Mods
    P.B. et- 12.11, mph- 120 w/ 1.99 60'

Post Thanks / Like

I used a uni-bit and drilled them out, it's very hard to detect. I would have liked to use the bandsaw technique but I don't have access to one.

Only trouble was wiggling the grill out as I have a front license plate. The dealer pop-riveted it on - I think is how it comes from GM. Just take your time and it should come out without any violence.

This is a nice little boost in throttle response - I was a bit surprised I could notice it at all.

Best Regards,
    Eric
    ------------------------------------------------
    2009 G8 GT Liquid Red - Kooks 1 7/8 LT, CATs and X-Pipe, SLP PowerFlo AB, Roto-Fab, Rapid Motorsports Old Man Cam and Dyno Tune, DOD Del., BE by Breyton GTS-AV 19x8.5 FR 19x9.5 RR, Michelin Pilot Super Sport XL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
    Can I PLEASE mail these to someone who has cut the back off? I just tried doing it myself with a small saw and it was not working out well. I dont have the proper equipment and I would be willing to pay shipping both ways and any other money you would want to get this thing functional.

Just PM me

Check your PM's
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic219_1.gif
    2009 Phantom Metallic G8 GTS
    Appearance;HSV Fenders | HSV GTS Spoiler | GXP Bumper | GXP Diffuser | HSV Triple Gauges with Dash/Console conversion(First in North America) | HSV GTS Sport Steering Wheel | 20% tint | 6.0 Litre V8 Badges | Blacked out Window & Grill Chrome| V6 door handles | Tinted Tails/Front Side Markers
    Performance; Tuned | Roto Fab CAI | SLP Long tube Headers & PowerFlow axlebacks | Xpipe | DOD Delete | GTO LS2 Cam | Forged Rods & Pistons
    Handling; XA Coilovers | BMR Swaybars | "EXTREMEContact" tires
    Coming soon; Boost!

12.9199 @ 106mph <old setup, before DOD delete/GTO cam/Forging

Post Thanks / Like

Any advantage/disadvantage with this mod for Vararam guys? I'm thinking more airflow to the engine helps cool things down even if it doesn't directly feed my VR CAI, but I live in Florida where daily rainstorms are common... wouldn't want to put more water under the hood... thoughts?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is everyone so concerned with getting water in the intake? Hardcore turbo guys inject water into the intake ON PURPOSE for the intake charge cooling and additional timing benefits. Not sure how this would affect an N/A engine, but if you aren't putting the snorkel on the outside of the bodywork, I doubt much would happen to it. Just my $0.02.

This mod is now on my list to do once I get an intake.