Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My version of the LP mod...

Post Thanks / Like

you can pull the clip upward (the bottom clip) at you pull out, or downward for the top clip, that may help. but you will find that your just not pulling hard enough.. it really does just take a LOT of force to get it to pop out..
    I hope for your sake you don't have a front plate, because if you think it hard to pull the open access clips, you will HATE trying to get the one behind the plate...
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic219_1.gif
    2009 Phantom Metallic G8 GTS
    Appearance;HSV Fenders | HSV GTS Spoiler | GXP Bumper | GXP Diffuser | HSV Triple Gauges with Dash/Console conversion(First in North America) | HSV GTS Sport Steering Wheel | 20% tint | 6.0 Litre V8 Badges | Blacked out Window & Grill Chrome| V6 door handles | Tinted Tails/Front Side Markers
    Performance; Tuned | Roto Fab CAI | SLP Long tube Headers & PowerFlow axlebacks | Xpipe | DOD Delete | GTO LS2 Cam | Forged Rods & Pistons
    Handling; XA Coilovers | BMR Swaybars | "EXTREMEContact" tires
    Coming soon; Boost!

12.9199 @ 106mph <old setup, before DOD delete/GTO cam/Forging

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by peterg22000 View Post
    you can pull the clip upward (the bottom clip) at you pull out, or downward for the top clip, that may help. but you will find that your just not pulling hard enough.. it really does just take a LOT of force to get it to pop out..
    I hope for your sake you don't have a front plate, because if you think it hard to pull the open access clips, you will HATE trying to get the one behind the plate...
    Just finished the peterg22000 mod! Mine was easy cause I didn't have the front license plate. I did it just the way you outlined and it was actually very easy to do. Now a full blast of fresh air is coming right up into the exact area where the RF pick up is. Awesome! Sounds a little louder under full throttle too.
    Intake, Exhaust, Cam, & Tuned @Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I don't have a front plate, but I think I'm just afraid of cracking it. But if no one has had that problem then I'll just give another go at it and use a little more force.
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    Maggie 1900, 3.1" pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab intake, Solo Axlebacks w/ X-pipe

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rlrayl11 View Post
    Yea I don't have a front plate, but I think I'm just afraid of cracking it. But if no one has had that problem then I'll just give another go at it and use a little more force.
    Maybe this will help. Go to the left end of the grill. Put a finger through the second row of egg shaped openings (down from the top row) near the end of the whole piece and curl your finger back up till you feel the clip, it's right near the very upper left end of the whole grill. Pull some downward on the clip with your finger using light pressure and pull the grill out in just that one place only. You'll feel it loosen up and pull free. Do the same now on the bottom clip so now you have the left end of the entire grill free. Keep working your way back towards the right end (fog lamps side) of the grill until you have pulled the whole grill out. It's actually pretty easy once you get the first clip loose and then downhill from there.

The grill itself and the plastic clips are very pliable and flexible, not rigid so you shouldn't have any worries about breaking off a clip. Just take your time and once you get the first clip free you'll understand how easy it is.

Post Thanks / Like

This is great mod for those that don't want to purchase the vararam after already having a cold air intake. Great job.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BigV8 View Post
    This is great mod for those that don't want to purchase the vararam after already having a cold air intake. Great job.
    Yes, thanks to Peter the Great, we have a very workable mod that helps out the RF cars. I just can't believe no one else figured this out before now, me included.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks jbradsh1, that helped me out and I got the piece off. What did you use to remove the blocked of plastic part? I don't have a band saw handy like peterg22000 lol.
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    Maggie 1900, 3.1" pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab intake, Solo Axlebacks w/ X-pipe

Water spots R my enemy!!! JerzeyGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didnt the cars just come this way.... Not only is it a great mod, but it looks nicer and the grille is easier to clean.... I dont have a RF but I think im doin this mod on both sides just for the look off the grille..... Nice find
    2009 G8GT MGM Red/Onyx Interior SHOW 20% Tint Front and Back 8000K Low Beams - 3000K Fogs - Tinted Taillights/Side Marker/Corner Lenses V6 Radiator Cover Onyx/Red Pontiac Shifter Knob /GXP Rear Diffuser Third Shift Studios Atari Gauge Cover GO Vararam Intake/93 Octane Vararam Cortex Tune/Vector HSRK/SLP Powerflo Axleback

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything that may be damaged by water behind the grill that was previously protected? like something important that could be corroded?
    2008 MGM G8 GT- 15% tint all around, Roto-Fab CAI w/ radiator cover, Passport 8500, Holden V8 badges, NEP Atari Bezel, Pypes Axle-Backs w/custom x-pipe, VMS ECM/TCM tune, VMS HSRK

#019 of 888
    Post Thanks / Like

I just completed this also. Very simple to do. JBradsh1 you said you have the roto-fab, did you do the original lower panel mod as well?
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT #019 of 888 . 403rwhp/386rwtq