Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Holy !$!@#@%!...

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy G8 View Post
    Why not program the 08 for someone else?

Just trying to help someone else not have to spend an extra 4 hrs of dis/reassembly.
    If its for an 08 they have to take them out anyhow, I dont have time to do the additional programming required for the same price nor will I. This has been discussed many times

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever man

I am not discounting your efforts, nor your need to be compensated for such, but this it a bit uncool. Not to me, but to someone who will either have to take their stuff apart, then wait for their part to return, or drive around with their car in pieces.

I was not trying to take food from your plate and I don't quite see the difference here. If I were to have sent my display to you, paid you the $100, then offered them up for sale here the result would be the same. You would have been paid for programing the unit, then the another board member could have had a slightly easier time getting the product in their car.

I thought this board was designed to help out other members, THAT is what I recall being discussed many times. (insert witty emoticon here)

Big Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

im sure if it was that simple, he wouldn't have a problem doing it or he could also offer a core program where some buys a new set from him, return there old one, then get X amount back. there is obviously a reason he doesn't do this

2008 White Hot G8 GT

(new)499RWHP/474RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    (old)451RWHP / 498RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    1/4=11.400@118.7 17" Drag Radials, stall, cam 1.77 60'
    1/4=12.004@120.6 17" Drag Radials 2.03 60'
    1/4=12.270 @118.3 on 18" All Seasons 2.08 60'
    SLOWHAWK Tuned

If you can't say anything intelligent, say something loud and stupid
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever man

I am not discounting your efforts, nor your need to be compensated for such, but this it a bit uncool. Not to me, but to someone who will either have to take their stuff apart, then wait for their part to return, or drive around with their car in pieces.

I was not trying to take food from your plate and I don't quite see the difference here. If I were to have sent my display to you, paid you the $100, then offered them up for sale here the result would be the same. You would have been paid for programing the unit, then the another board member could have had a slightly easier time getting the product in their car.

I thought this board was designed to help out other members, THAT is what I recall being discussed many times. (insert witty emoticon here)

Big Daddy
    Actually im pretty sure he has to reprogram it to match the vin of the car or something similar that is unique to each car. So if you where to get yours reprogrammed then sell them to someone else they would not work.
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

Post Thanks / Like

If thats the case, I apologize for the rant.

BD

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

someone who will either have to take their stuff apart, then wait for their part to return, or drive around with their car in pieces.
    Thats how this works

Quote Originally Posted by fiveoh View Post
    Actually im pretty sure he has to reprogram it to match the vin of the car or something similar that is unique to each car. So if you where to get yours reprogrammed then sell them to someone else they would not work.
    Correct, thats the part that takes extra time and I really dont have time to do complete setups.

Post Thanks / Like

I haz no atari guages. I am fux0red.
    09 SBM GT P&S SOLD!

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

No you just buy the retrofit kit and add them like I did on both of my cars.

Post Thanks / Like

i think i'll just buy a dashhawk and mount it there instead.
    09 SBM GT P&S SOLD!