Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PNW: List of Performance Shops

Post Thanks / Like

Default PNW: List of Performance Shops

Since there have been times in the past where people have been looking for the right performance shop to fit their modding needs, I'm creating and sticking this list to help newcomers out!

If you know of any shops that you would like to add, please provide Name of shop, Location, Website, Phone #, Services offered, and general reputation of the shop. The base list is just based on my own experiences and the experiences of some of those that I have heard about.

AutoFX Tacoma
    Tacoma, WA
    Services: Authorized Pedders installer, Body/Paint work, Custom body modifications, Dealership Pre-Sale Modifications, Window Tinting, Sunroof/Repairs
    Rep: Good! Very friendly staff, quality work, nice and professional shop. Reasonable installation costs.

Kitsap Muffler
    Bremerton, East Bremerton, Gorst, WA
    Services: INCREDIBLE custom exhaust work, header installations, electrical troubleshooting, brakes
    Rep: Very nice staff. VERY skilled fabricators. These guys can make your exhaust sound however you want it to sound. Very reasonable pricing. They also really love to work on G8's!

MaxRPM Motorsports
    Bremerton, WA
    Services: Performance parts installation, custom tuning and Dynojet, custom fab, bad attitude
    Rep: COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TERRIBLE!!! Do NOT go to this shop. Staff has a HORRIBLE attitude and treat customers like they are dumb asses. Piss poor installations. Sickeningly outrageous pricing on everything. They dont even know how to run their own dyno (when they dyno'd my G8, they burned the damn tie down straps to my exhaust and it took them 45 minutes just to set up my dyno). They have ruined 2 Porsches while attempting to install superchargers on them and were sued for one of them. The ONLY reason i posted this shop is to warn everyone about them. I cannot say enough bad things about them. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO MAXRPM!

Norpac Street Performance
    Onalaska, WA
    Services: Authorized Pedders Installer, Performance Parts installation, All Wheel Drive Mustang Dyno, Tuning,
    Rep: Excellent! VERY friendly staff! Great mechanical work. Willing to work out a fair install price.

Speed Secrets
    Monroe, WA
    Services: Transmission work, custom tuning, performance parts installation, engine builds
    Rep: Awesome! Ellis definitely knows what he's doing. Very friendly service. Everyone gets the start treatment. Installation and tuning prices that simply can't be beaten.

Speedware Motorsport
    Redmond, Wa
    Services: They do everything from amazing aligments to full blown race cars. They are known as a "Porsche shop" but do a lot of work on domestics as well. You would be hard pressed to find a shop with a nicer shop.
    Rep: Well like said above they do amazing work and they know it... the one down side is they are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Trifecta Performance
    Duvall, WA
    Services: Custom tuning and Dyno (not sure what dyno they have)
    Rep: Good!

Turbo Technology Inc.
    Tacoma, WA
    Services: Performance parts installation, custom tuning and dynojet, custom turbo systems.
    Rep: Mixed reviews. Staff is very friendly once you get to know them. Fairly unreasonable install prices. Fairly poor installation of performance parts (They can't even put a Cold Air Intake correctly!) However, if you want a turbo setup for your car, there is no other place to go! Flawless turbo systems!
    Last edited by BobtheMonkee; 05-21-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    '09 PBM G8 GT

Go: Livernois Stage 1 L92 Cam, ARH 1-7/8 LT Headers, Loudmouth Axleback, RotoFab CAI, HPTuners, Pedders Xa Coilovers/Street 2 Bushings, MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires
    Show: 20" Savini Avarus AV5 staggered wheels with FK452 tires, tinted tail lights, 'custom' HSV GTS Console Trim Mod, Gremlyn 5000k 55w HID kit, 30% tint, Holden V8 Badges
    Best Time: 12.530 @ 115.39MPH
    Dyno: 383RWHP/355RWTQ

ET2(SS)
    US Navy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...onkee1/Sig.png

Post Thanks / Like

Speedware Motorsport:
    Redmond, Wa
    Services: They do everything from amazing aligments to full blown race cars. They are known as a "Porsche shop" but do a lot of work on domestics as well. You would be hard pressed to find a shop with a nicer shop.
    Rep: Well like said above they do amazing work and they know it... the one down side is they are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Others include (ones I have not had work done by):

http://www.marysvillespeed.com/ (I know a guy that they built a bad ass TBSS for doing 650+ ft lbs at the wheels on a AWD) also this was tuned by trifecta in duvall.

http://www.carnutz.cc/ Again do high end work (mostly exotics and a lot of suspension tires and wheels)

http://www.fordahlmotorsports.com/ if speedware was gone these guys would do my aligment... they are more "race" than most shops you will see.

http://www.bradscustomauto.com/ know very little about them...
    2009 G8

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great! Thanks so much.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.carbconn.com/

Used them, good work & dyno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R.Penguin View Post
    http://www.carbconn.com/

Used them, good work & dyno.
    Almost forgot about them! They do good work but I would NOT let them tune your car! They cost me over a thousand buck in repairs after "tunning" one of my previous cars.
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

Benchmark Motoring
    I used to use these guys back when I was in the auto business and they have a seriously nice shop:
    They carry high end body kits, wheels, and do killer custom audio installs. They don't do any engine work, tuning, or Lambo door installs, but pretty much everything else.
    The hourly work rate seems reasonable to me. All the work I have ever seen them do is top notch.

Tony

I guess I don't have enough posts here to post a link. Google Benchmark Motoring Bellevue
    Last edited by christiancoach; 04-21-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

After my experience with TJ Wong, his shop definitely deserves to be on this list. He doesn't have a web site. Just call him!

Wong's Performance Engineering
    9305 Ne Highway 99, Vancouver, WA 98665
    (360) 695-9433

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Executor999 View Post
    After my experience with TJ Wong, his shop definitely deserves to be on this list. He doesn't have a web site. Just call him!

(360) 695-9433
    did he do your cam?
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I wrote a Service Review and posted it in the PNW section.
    http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=10538

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Executor999 View Post

(360) 695-9433

I think he told me about your car. Did the DOD delete and the car only made just over 300hp stock then over 400 after the cam etc.

I just got an 08 G8 and will take it to TJ when I'm ready.
    1998 Camaro Z28 ~ 2004 Silverado ~ 2008 G8 GT