Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10% ethanol in Exxon premium??

Post Thanks / Like

Every pump here has the stickers. Note that they say "MAY" contain up to 10%......

Appreciative Member confused2much's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to pay attention when I fill up, but I think ours say that they "contain at least 10% ethanol". Maybe I'm wrong though. I dunno.

2009 MGM G8 GT - Premium Package, Aftermarket Moonroof, 19" Rims W/Summer Tires

Current Mods: NEP CAI, 20% Tint, 55W 6000K HID's, Debadged

Post Thanks / Like

same thing here - every gas station here has a sticker that says
    "contains up to 10%"
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

No stickers here.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Every pump here has the stickers. Note that they say "MAY" contain up to 10%......
    Unfortunately Tom, last year starting in the spring, all the fuel coming thru FL east coast terminals was ethanol... Now have some non-ethanol for boats, but don't know of any stations with non-ethanol fuel. Been a real boon to boating repair industry!!! Expect some plugged fuel filters when you start driving your Camaro!

Like 4GASEM, us Iowans are used to the "Crapohol - Gasohol"! I have always been convinced it cuts mileage around 10%, at least the way I drive. Octane is as marked, so that isn't an issue, even in our high performance boat.

BUMMER......
    2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the party y'all. There's ethanol and nuthin' else.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

The pump at the station in Ennis said "May contain 10% ethanol". The one in austin said "contains 10% ethanol". It did look like my milage dropped alittle. From the high 19's to the mid 18's. I will have to watch a couple of tanks to be sure. I haven't noticed the car running any different. I used to make 3 or 4 trips a year to kansas city and always had to run 10% while I was there. I never could tell the difference. Hopefully the same holds true for a car that has been performance tuned.
    Liquid Red 2008 GT
    Vararam CAI
    Kooks 1 3/4" LT's and x-pipe w/cats
    Henderson Performance dyno tune