Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector Covers...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Injector Covers...

Hey do you guys think the C6 injector covers would fit on our car? I see there are alot more options available for the vettes and considering we're both 6.0 and share alot of similar componets just wondering if that would work? Do you guys know if the roto-fab ones can be customized, I like theirs but would prefer something that didn't say ROTO-FAB on it, I mean if someone asks me where I got them I'd be happy to give a great recommendation, but it's my car, not theirs and I would it to say what I want?
    08 PBM G8GT Bone Stock
    One Day...

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a set and they would not clear the intake cover, but I think with the cover removed any LS3 vette covers should be fine.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDP G8GT View Post
    Hey do you guys think the C6 injector covers would fit on our car? I see there are alot more options available for the vettes and considering we're both 6.0 and share alot of similar componets just wondering if that would work? Do you guys know if the roto-fab ones can be customized, I like theirs but would prefer something that didn't say ROTO-FAB on it, I mean if someone asks me where I got them I'd be happy to give a great recommendation, but it's my car, not theirs and I would it to say what I want?
    The Roto-Fab ones can say anything you want them to put on it. They just show them with there name.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Baby!

I just ordered a set that say: "THESE THINGS COST SERIOUS MONEY!"

RRM

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex - WORLD'S FIRST 12 SECOND FLEX 12.901@106.85 MPH TORRIE TUNED 3 - 12 sec. runs to date
    2009 Spt Red G8 GT - Headers, Cam, Wide-band,3000 stall, TORRIE @ Unleashed Tuning - TUNED 12.078 et @ 114.02mph
    2008 White G8 GT - Tune, Headers, CAI - 8.32ET 1/8 mi@85.66
    Confused, Dazed & Verklemp

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holden 6.0 Covers on a G8-GT

You could put Corvette covers on, probably need to trim , unless you relocate the heater hoses.
    The cutout section for the Vette Alternator is going to look stoopid on a G8-GT IMO.
    (Without mentioning that its the wrong car and wrong engine written on the covers).

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta agree with HSV,
    "You could put Corvette covers on, probably need to trim , unless you relocate the heater hoses.
    The cutout section for the Vette Alternator is going to look stoopid on a G8-GT IMO.
    (Without mentioning that its the wrong car and wrong engine written on the covers)."

+1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Guys!

HAHAHA, I appreciate the responses even though I wasn't acutally going to put the ones that say "corvette" on them, haha. I just have seen alot more people out there that are selling customizeable covers for the 6.0 vettes so I was thinking if you used them and ordered them with your own saying or something if it would work... I think in the end, i'm looking for ones that will go on with the maggie, which made me think of the vette because callaway corvettes put the chargers on and offer custom covers... do you think roto-fab would do something like that, i know on the other forum they suggested to Haddad to fab those up since he will be specializing in magnacharged G8s... just thinking out loud here
    08 PBM G8GT Bone Stock
    One Day...

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure they will. I love their whole CF kit.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Just get with Paul (HSV-GTS-300) to get a set of the 6.0 Holden covers. They even come shipped to in a pretty GM/Holden box! I have them on my G8 and get TONS of compliments on them. 90% of the folks who see them think they came on the car (that speaks volumes for my crafty Dremel craftsmanship!)

They do require minimum trimming, but they look great once installed...

DO IT!
    Rest in Peace Charlie
    08 G8 GT #150/888 MGM, Magnaflow Catback, Pedders Track II, Firehawk Wheels, 1st Gen CTSV Front Calipers and Rotors
    12 Yukon Denali
    98 2wd Two Door Tahoe - 3/5 drop 20" Coys C57s, SSBC Front brake kit, LS-swap in progress
    70 C10 SWB - Cammed LT1, 18" Boss 338's, Bagged, Original Rust

Post Thanks / Like

How much do the Holden covers go for?
    '10 F-150 Raptor
    '08 G8 GT 888 PBM - sold
    '04 MazdaSpeed Miata
    '67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold