Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Opening Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default MLB Opening Day!

Just seeing how many stickball fans we have here. No need to come in bashing and ranting about steroids blah blah blah, we've all heard it already. If so who's your team and how to you think/hope they'll do this year?

I'll start....

BOSTON RED SOX!!!!

Should be a good year this year, pitching is very deep, which is a nice change for once. A little concerned about middle lineup w/ Ortiz, Drew, Lowell, all three getting up in years, and quite injury prone now. Youk, Peddy, and Ells will get their production, so if the middle part can click, uh oh. I honestly think Jason Bay is going to have a MONSTER year, literally he's going to smash so many HRs over the Green Monstah IMO.

As for the division, the Rays are serious now, and definitely a force to be reckoned with. Tons of young talent on that team, and their pitching is just as fierce as Boston's. A little concerned about their expectations now, and the potential that they might slump and start to press a bit, in regards of meeting those expectations that the fans, and they themselves have for them.

Now the Yanks.....new Stein-B's running, but same ol' tactics. Blow $$$$, hope it pays off. A-Rod's situations to start off aren't helping...especially his injurym but the off season was a VERY prosperous time for them, but $450 million for 3 players is a bit overdone! C.C. is an animal, but has A-Rod disease where he forgets how to play in October, Burnett is coming off a blissfull, injury free, career high season, that coincidentally fell on a contract year. I don't forsee him staying healthy, but when he is, he's definitely a top tier pitcher. Texeira is an overpaid 1st baseman, that has just as good a glove as Youk, more power, even run production, lower average, so take that as you will. Both players are even....one makes est. $100 million less. Tex is a game changer, with one swing of the bat, but problem is, he won't have A-Rod for a while so that run production and avg/HR may falter a bit until A-Rod is back. And not just back, like I saw Lowell "back" last year after his surgery, I mean recovered and putting good ABs together.

All in all I think the Sox will ultimately make the playoffs and hopefully have a good and healthy enough team to make a run @ the Series!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a Dodger fan.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy having ManRam all year! I'm betting he's going to have an MVP caliber year. That is if the recent Canseco rumors about Manny are false!
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh, Yankees fan here. Its going to a long year! lol
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I like the baseball from the 70's. Dodgers, Braves, Red's all had some great games. On radio FTW!
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Astros fan, sorta, just not that big into baseball, more of a football fan myself... I've always been a fan of Houston teams, I miss the Oilers and Warren Moon, but the Texans are starting to come around...
    -Kris-

2013 Boss 302 GHIG #1184

2011 Grabber Blue Mustang 5.0 (gone... meh...)

2008 PBM G8 GT #769 <<< SOLD (and missed)
    Best 1/4: 12.79 @ 109.76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Uh oh, Yankees fan here. Its going to a long year! lol
    I believe I just found your first flaw Charlie! Lol
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Appreciative Member confused2much's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cubs fan here!

2009 MGM G8 GT - Premium Package, Aftermarket Moonroof, 19" Rims W/Summer Tires

Current Mods: NEP CAI, 20% Tint, 55W 6000K HID's, Debadged

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge baseball fan, specifically the Yankees. I frequent the Yankees forum on a regular basis under the same screen name. The Cubs look strong in the NL. It'd be great to see a Cubs vs. Yanks WS.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets go MARLINS !!!
    09 MSM G8 GT, Premium and Sport Packages, 20% tint, 35W 6K HID's, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Rad cover, Roto-Fab Engine covers, SC Cortex 93 Roto-Fab Tune, MF X-pipe, GXP axleback's, King springs, MonroeGT sport struts & shocks, Yellow foglight overlays, Holden V8 badges, GXP diffuser, Red calipers and Grafxwerks.