Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roto-Fab removal and Vararam installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    I need more time with the Vararam. Also need to get my IAT's corrected. My G8 is very strong for a stock cammed G8. Trying to feel a few HP is difficult.
    Yea, I hear ya. I'm looking forward to your review when you get the set up right. When you do, let me know how the intake sound compares to the RF, OK?
    Intake, Exhaust, Cam, & Tuned @Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    It's going to be sold. I'm currently waiting on one member to respond. Roto-Fab is already sold.
    If he doesn't, please keep me in mind!
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Ray,

I don't know how much hot air the intake will get from the rad. Maybe when the fans are off, but even when they're on low they're drawing air through the rad into the engine bay, so none of the hot air should making its way into the inlet for the Varrarm.

I think the issue your having now is due to the stock MAF, when I was running off the stock MAF I had a hard time getting the IAT down below 30C after the car had been sitting, even when it was cold out.
    2008 MazdaSpeed 3 - A few Mods
    2009 Panther Black G8GT -
    VMS ECU/TCU Tune, Vararam Intake, FasterProms Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT's mated to a Magnaflow catback with Magnaflow Spun Metallic Cats, & Powerbond UD Pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Ray,

I don't know how much hot air the intake will get from the rad. Maybe when the fans are off, but even when they're on low they're drawing air through the rad into the engine bay, so none of the hot air should making its way into the inlet for the Varrarm.

I think the issue your having now is due to the stock MAF, when I was running off the stock MAF I had a hard time getting the IAT down below 30C after the car had been sitting, even when it was cold out.

I think you may be right Jordie. It was 53 degrees yesterday. The only way to find out is for me to find a location for the HSRK and get it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jbradsh1 View Post
    Yea, I hear ya. I'm looking forward to your review when you get the set up right. When you do, let me know how the intake sound compares to the RF, OK?
    This will be difficult, as I have Flowmaster Delta 44's installed. My G8 is the definition of a screamer.

Quote Originally Posted by PaycheckG8 View Post
    If he doesn't, please keep me in mind!
    Will do!
    Last edited by -Ray-; 03-27-2009 at 03:16 AM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Please post up great pics like u did in the beggining of this thread of where you put the HSRK. Planning on running one with the vararam too.
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah let me know. I just ordered the grommet from Greg at Pace. He has one left in stock. My NEP didn't need one...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Updated install with HSRK and some install changes.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I may...

The barb sticking through the coupler just doesn't sit right with me.

So what I did was hacksaw off one side of the barb. Then file or grind smooth. Then stick the barb in from the inside. The hose then goes on from the outside.

Yes, before anyone worries about the barb falling out of the hose and coupler and then into the engine, I am going to put a hose clamp on it.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    So what I did was hacksaw off one side of the barb. Then file or grind smooth. Then stick the barb in from the inside. The hose then goes on from the outside.
    I like your mod and will do it to mine when I get it next week.
    '10 F-150 Raptor
    '08 G8 GT 888 PBM - sold
    '04 MazdaSpeed Miata
    '67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold

Post Thanks / Like

The intakes being shipped now will come with a 90 degree elbow. Mine is being shipped on Monday.
    Instructions are also changed from the 1st batches.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT