Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass Mod for Factory Amp

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, you can do this without taking the covers off as long as your wrists aren't too fat. I just took out the floor cover and was able to loosen the base of the side cover just enough to get my hand inside there. The adjustment knob is the only thing there, and it even has a little detent at the factory preset setting so you don't need to guess where center is.

I will admit I adjusted it without taking off the side cover because I couldn't figure out how to get the side cover off without taking off the front cover, and couldn't figure out how to remove the front cover without putting down the center armrest, and couldn't do that without taking out my newly-installed child carseat, so...

If anyone knows the easy way to remove that side panel, I'm interested...

Post Thanks / Like

I did this a couple days ago and it rounded out the sound nicely. I am not a fan of booming bass, but it needs to be there for the right sound and this gives you just enough.
    2009 G8GT Maverick Silver Premium and Sport Packages
    1998 Z28 Sebring Silver 6 speed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flensr View Post
    FYI, you can do this without taking the covers off as long as your wrists aren't too fat. I just took out the floor cover and was able to loosen the base of the side cover just enough to get my hand inside there. The adjustment knob is the only thing there, and it even has a little detent at the factory preset setting so you don't need to guess where center is.

I will admit I adjusted it without taking off the side cover because I couldn't figure out how to get the side cover off without taking off the front cover, and couldn't figure out how to remove the front cover without putting down the center armrest, and couldn't do that without taking out my newly-installed child carseat, so...

If anyone knows the easy way to remove that side panel, I'm interested...
    Great tip! Done. Easy. I was able to fit my hand in...

Quote Originally Posted by RobA300 View Post
    I did this a couple days ago and it rounded out the sound nicely. I am not a fan of booming bass, but it needs to be there for the right sound and this gives you just enough.
    I agree with you. I'd rather have the amp all the way up and adjust down from the EQ inside the vehicle than not have enough up front to really fill it out.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

OK will do it tomorrow. My biggest concern is following, Tweeters are weak, and to be honest, it sounds like no sound from the door speakers at all. Someone suggested the Infiniti 2 way speakers in the doors. If along with adjusting the sub amp as described here hoefully will improve overall sound quality w/o bankrupting me. Anyone with thoughts on this just jump in. BTW is the sub amp the only amp in the car? Are the other amps adjustable? How difficult to get to them if they do exist?
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    OK will do it tomorrow. My biggest concern is following, Tweeters are weak, and to be honest, it sounds like no sound from the door speakers at all. Someone suggested the Infiniti 2 way speakers in the doors. If along with adjusting the sub amp as described here hoefully will improve overall sound quality w/o bankrupting me. Anyone with thoughts on this just jump in. BTW is the sub amp the only amp in the car? Are the other amps adjustable? How difficult to get to them if they do exist?
    Good question on the Amps. Heck, I can't even find where all 11 of my speakers are. And where are the subs?!?!
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    Good question on the Amps. Heck, I can't even find where all 11 of my speakers are. And where are the subs?!?!
    Factory Speaker System 11 Total Speakersw 2 dash tweeters, 1 center dash speaker, 2 front door speakers with paper cones, 2 rear door speakers with tweeters (Counts as 4 speakers) and 2- 8" subwoofers. TOTAL 11

Major question is how to control that center speaker?

liberalism is pro-retard MoonPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R.Penguin View Post
    My favorite station is the one the exhaust system plays 24/7.
    Fo Sho!
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Post Thanks / Like

Thats because Penquins love to keep their feet warm by the exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Factory Speaker System 11 Total Speakersw 2 dash tweeters, 1 center dash speaker, 2 front door speakers with paper cones, 2 rear door speakers with tweeters (Counts as 4 speakers) and 2- 8" subwoofers. TOTAL 11

Major question is how to control that center speaker?
    Thanks. "Paper cones?" Yikes. I'll be fracturing them soon...
    R.I.P. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

I cant feel any screw, just the mounting screw,my fingers are short stubs though.

Panther Black Metallic
    Premium and Sport packages
    NewEra dyno tune,NewEra ported TB,Yella Terra intake tube,K&N air filter,Spintech stainless axleback mufflers,caliper covers,GXP Diffuser,chrome lug caps,Pontiac trunk mat,Holden V-8 badges.
    <a href=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/bluesman455/Car%20Pics%202010/DSC03883-2.jpg target=_blank>http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...DSC03883-2.jpg</a>