Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HSV VE GTS Fenders

Post Thanks / Like

Default HSV VE GTS Fenders

HSV VE GTS Fenders by Auto FX, Tacoma

I had been looking around for a shop to take care of my Fender painting & install and like most searches for a reputable business it turned out to be a frustrating endeavor. You would find reviews of one place that were glowing, only to find someone totally slamming the same shop a few lines down. Obviously employees change jobs, get fired etc etc so it's always hard to tell what you're going to get. Pricing varied highly and so did time estimates (multiple days to one day) and the techniques involved (blending into other panels, or simply matching based on color code or to a car part).

Brandon (aka 'BobTheMonkee' ) had advised me that he had taken his car to 'AutoFX' in Tacoma to get his Pedders Touring package installed and that he was really happy with them. Clint Cawley @ AutoFX told me that unfortunately can't install bushings when I contacted them about doing my Street II / xA Coilover kit but they COULD do body work! They are literally down the street from 'Turbo Technologies' who did my Converter & Headers so I knew exactly where they were which is quite a convenient location. Out of all the places that I tried to contact they were most forthcoming with information and most responsive - something I really appreciate since I don't have the time to baby-sit and beg a company to do work for me. Also in this economic slump their shop actually seemed to still be busy which is always a good sign!

After talking to Clint a few times about the process & parts I got I decided it was time to get it done finally (the fenders had been sitting around in the garage for a while now!). Since the paint needed some good drying time I dropped off the fenders and inserts and Todd the actual guy who would be painting the parts looked everything over to make sure there were no issues. Thought that was great service. They did suggest painting them on the car and dry-fitting first, but since it's my DD I can't really be without it for a week so we decided to just color match based on Paint-Code (which is 80U for the Panther Black Metallic) and I left my Fuel Door with them for a day so they could get just the right shade. The plastic parts would just be painted a flat/matte Black.

After reading the official 'Technical Manual' it said that once the rockerpanel/sideskirt comes off all the clips would break and that new clips would be required. Crazy Paul was kind enough to hunt down which clips were needed... though 2 different sources gave him 2 different numbers so I ended up with getting 4 different types of clips just in case. Part #'s were: 92138009,92138807,92138808 and 92138811

'A.J.' the mechanic doing the actual install @ AutoFX however was able to get to it without taking everything off like the manual suggest (front bumper, hood, wheels, rockerpanel etc etc) which turned out to be a nice time-saver!

Clint was cool enough to take pictures through-out the process of them installing it which I really appreciated! When done they washed & polished making it look like brand new!

So a big thanks to Clint, AJ and Todd @ AutoFX for doing a fantastic job!

-= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like those. I just might have to copy you.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

All that money spent and we get cell phone quality pictures?

Booooo!!

Post Thanks / Like

click the pic
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Steve !!!!

And the real story was, 3 different parts people all said we needed 4 different styles of clips......but the quantity required of each was differently interpretated by each guy.
    The parts drawings were really vague.
    So I just ordered the max number any of them had said, for each style.

With any luck they'll fit something else on the car and get you out of the poo one day.

Post Thanks / Like

And of course a big thanks goes to Crazy Paul who's been involved with this project since day 1!
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    click the pic
    lol. Owned!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    And of course a big thanks goes to Crazy Paul who's been involved with this project since day 1!
    Hahaha it seems like an eternity ago.

I've just started the ball rolling on our next endeavour as well. I just rang the guy I told you about, and he's definately cool with helping us out.

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    Hahaha it seems like an eternity ago.

I've just started the ball rolling on our next endeavour as well. I just rang the guy I told you about, and he's definately cool with helping us out.
    Paul, are you going to start supplying sheet metal and other body parts now?
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    Paul, are you going to start supplying sheet metal and other body parts now?
    That would be really Crazy wouldn't it.