Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Installed my Vararam today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Installed my Vararam today.

I finally got my Vararam and installed it when I got home from work. The directions aren't quite as accurate as the need to be but I'm sure they'll get better. As far as the install goes it's pretty straight forward and easy. My hood shuts with a little more effort now but it's nothing to worry about. I've had my battery unhooked for the last 30 minutes or so. I'm going outside to hook it back up and take it for a test drive. I'll post any butt-o-meter results.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

cool! watch out for cops!
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I am 50/50 with this or the New Era OTR. Can't decide which.
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    2008 Chevy Silverado
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    1994 Mazda Miata

Post Thanks / Like

What a tease! Want to know the performance improvement.
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

pissing'n wind = wet face stryker g8gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
    I finally got my Vararam and installed it when I got home from work. The directions aren't quite as accurate as the need to be but I'm sure they'll get better. As far as the install goes it's pretty straight forward and easy. My hood shuts with a little more effort now but it's nothing to worry about. I've had my battery unhooked for the last 30 minutes or so. I'm going outside to hook it back up and take it for a test drive. I'll post any butt-o-meter results.

Well it's been about an hour........

V8 Muscle

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    cool! watch out for cops!
    No joke!

They are out in full force this week.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Just got mine installed today as well. I actually inverted the supplied silicone coupler so it's orange to match my car
    97 T/A Ram Air Convt
    777rwhp Dyno Queen - 383 LT1, F1A Procharger, S60, LS1 PCM Conversion, Tuned by TuneTime. 10.7@137

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Ignition Orange - TTP Tuned/Vararam Intake/ARH LT's - 12.86@108 - Should of held third

Post Thanks / Like

I test drove it. I couldn't tell a huge difference but I did notice better throttle response and it seemed to pull a little better in third and forth which would make sense. I think my car is in serious need of a tune to bring out the maximum potential of the headers and intake. I have plans this weekend so I can't get it tuned then but I hope to have it tuned sometime in the near future.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
    I test drove it. I couldn't tell a huge difference but I did notice better throttle response and it seemed to pull a little better in third and forth which would make sense. I think my car is in serious need of a tune to bring out the maximum potential of the headers and intake. I have plans this weekend so I can't get it tuned then but I hope to have it tuned sometime in the near future.
    cool! from past experience moving the map will hurt you until you get a tune... so a rotofab may feel better w/o the tune.... but the OTR should pay off with the tune.
    2009 G8