Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Huge G8 GXP Gathering!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Huge G8 GXP Gathering!

July 9, 2022
    CALLING ALL PONTIAC G8 GXPs!!!
    Do you own a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP? Good! Are you anywhere within driving distance of Indianapolis, IN? Good! Then listen up! In conjunction with Travis and Haley Bell, The G8 GXP Registry is attempting to create the single largest gathering of Pontiac G8 GXPs since they were shipped into Benicia, CA from Australia in 2008 and 2009.
    Travis and Haley have been hosting their amazing Midwest Holden Cookout for many years. Many of you have already attended I’m sure. If you have never attended, then you are really missing out. Now that Travis Bell is a G8 GXP owner as well, I had to twist his arm really hard to convince him that we should organize a gathering of G8 GXPs for the event. Of course, Travis only knows one way to do things…….BIG! As a result, he suggested that if we’re going to do it, we need to do it REALLY BIG! That’s where all of you come in. We need you all to open your calendar and block off Saturday, September 3, 2022. That is the date of the 2022 Midwest Holden Cookout. Then open up your favorite mapping software and plug in directions to 5550 Bluff Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46217-3696. Print that out so you know how far it will be and how long it will take to get there. Then on September 3, 2022 be there by 12:00 pm EST with your Pontiac G8 GXP! Bring your family, your friends, your appetite, and be prepared for a great time! Not only will you see plenty of other Pontiac G8 GXPs and other G8s, but there will be Holden-built Pontiac GTOs, Caprice PPVs, and Chevrolet SS’s! Last year well over 150 cars attended even though it rained most of the afternoon. Mother Nature tried, but she couldn’t dampen the spirits of all of these car fans! They raffled off a car last year, a Pontiac G8 Base model, and had numerous other awesome raffle prizes, and great food!
    Check out the following Facebook Page for all the details:
    https;//www.facebook.com/events/356193482787117
    I have a big favor to ask so that we can plan for parking all the G8 GXPs together. If you plan to attend, PLEASE RSVP at your earliest convenience. You can email me at g8gxpregistry@gmail.com. Please let me know how many GXPs you are bringing (yes, there are many owners who have more than one), and what color they are. We would love to have multiple examples of all eight colors represented! Keep in mind, Travis will also post an event registration on the Facebook Page above that you should complete as well.
    Travis & Haley Bell, their GXP, me (Joe Morgan) and my GXP look forward to welcoming you and your GXP for the 2022 Midwest Holden Cookout! See you there on Saturday, September 3, 2022!
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk