Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Looking for a cam...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a cam...

I am looking to install a cam in my G8. I was looking at going with a bigger more aggressive cam and a higher stall. But I really think a smaller cam and keep my ZL1 converter is the way I would like to go. I would like a nice streetable fun to drive car, if I had to say my horsepower goals prob around 420 to the wheels. I currently have VCM intake, stainless works long tubes, cat back, Camaro 3.27 rear end and ZL1 converter. I am planning on pac .660" springs, LS3 intake valve back cut, clean my heads, mill .035, port and rod mod the intake and debating on ported throttle body.
    Cams I have been looking at areRCR lunati 219/223 .625/.625 112 or the low lift version .612/.615
    RCR street master 219/227 .612/.615 112
    Texas speed stage 1 225/236 .629/.615 114
    Cam motion titan 1 217/225 .595/.587 114
    Blue line performance probationary 219/223 .6xx is all I can find for specs

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for the Texas Speed stage 1
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello bud I still saw that in Clifford park still in good condition,you can just text the old man through his private gmail instantly....bernadoclifford@gmail.com.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have ran both of Crawfords cams in my G8.
    The Little Lunati with the high lift 219/223 .625/.625 went mid 11's in my G8 on stock converter and drag radials.
    I then swapped that for his Dominator cam upgrade along with a Circle D converter and E85 conversion and went 11.0s on same drag radials.
    I've got ported stock heads, ported stock intake/tb and LS7 mass air meter along with headers and 3.45 gears.

Good luck on your choice.
    I've got vids with sound clips and track runs on my youtube channel.
    Ryan
    2008 G8 GT - Liquid Red - Sport Premium
    Rick Crawford Built! 11.0's @ 122mph.
    Dominator Cam, H-E Series Head Port/Mill/Flowed, throttle body, intake & tune, headers, 3.45 gears, Circle D, E85.

Instagram - TTSaleen
    Youtube - www.youtube.com/98saleen