Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Think I'm ready to change wheels, opinions welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Default Think I'm ready to change wheels, opinions welcome

Hey all.
    been a min, Sooo. I'm wanting to get my traction issue more under control, and I figure the best way is to get more rubber on the ground. Currently rolling on MRR GT-7 wheels. 18x8.5 +35MM on all four. 245/45/18 Nitto 555G2'
    Changed a good bit on the car since we last spoke back in 2018 when I first bought it.
    Quick Mod List:
    Intake, 1 3/4 Headers, 2 1/2 Magnaflow Exhaust, 3.45 gears, ZL1/CTS-V converter, Double stacked Trans Cooler, H&R Coilovers, Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BTR Stage Cam, LS7 Lifters, Front Bumper Splitter, GXP rear diffuser. Car has just over 21k on it now. etc.

I'll toss up a few pics of the car

Anyway, MRR doesn't make this wheel in a 9.5 with a good enough offset to run a 275/40/18 or 285/40/18 with rolling/cutting the fenders. I've been in contact with them and they claim they have the GT-7 wheel in a 18x9.5 in a +40mm offset, but they are blank, and their machine has been down, and there's only 5 left, cause they are to be discontinued....blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, looking for ideas and different wheel set up on any & all Black G8's on here. I've been peeping the Apex ARC-8 in Hyper Black, & the EC-7's in Hyper Silver (good wheel weights and has the right offsets to run a 275 drag radial).
    Google has the same pics and I'm over them for the most part. Curious what you are running or recommending. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SinisterGT; 08-02-2021 at 09:31 AM.